Calf weakness from Siatica - unable to push up onto ball of foot

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have had sciatica caused by a bulging disk now for around 4 months - the last 2 months of which have been accompanied by a weakness in my calf. I had one day of pure pain 2 months ago from a sciatica flare up, which left my entire right leg cramped and tight with pain - since then the pain has gone and once the muscles returned to normal.

However I've not been able to push myself onto the ball of my right foot (left is fine). The sharp pain is slightly there when sitting but it's the numbness and weakness that worries me.

I am fit and play football regularly. 2 months ago I could not push myself up at all, now i can push myself around an inch and hold myself up when lifting up with both legs. I've been doing stretches to loosen the calf muscle (pushing with both feet onto ball of foot and slowly coming down / feet hanging off end of stairs to stretch)

Any suggestions on how to improve?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.