Call For Remissioners !!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been on MTX and plaquenil for three months. Stiffness and swelling is parially under control. There's a bit of improvment in general. However, I'm never pain free especially in the morning. My hands are still aching in the mroning and so do my heels. I was pain free for just two days and I had no idea why. Anyway, my two doctors say I'm in remission !!!

Could anyone here who is in remission define what remission is, how you feel, how your doctors decided you're in remission, how long it took you to get into remission after you started treatement and have you stopped drugs??

Thanks,

Hala

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

if your in remission ESR and CRP as got to be incative if its active  then you arent i was told i hope for all of you that if you have remission great  hope it continues im afraid i dont 
  • Posted

Hi Hala,

I would think we are our own best judges as to if we're in remission or not. The numbers on our charts for RA (AP and CCP panels) don't mean much. There are people who have 'normal' panels and are still in pain, so how can they be in remission or dismissed as non RA? If you're not having ANY pain for several months, I'd say you're probably in 'remission' but I say the word lightly. RA does not have a cure and comes and goes as it pleases; at least that's pretty much been what I've read and what I've experienced. I was diagnosed last summer after a year and a half of pain. I've never had a day since then without some type of pain, fatigue, and/or swelling and stiffness. Once that ALL goes away for a long period of time, I'll say I'm in 'remission'. smile

• Posted

Remission or not,if you have RA you will have it all your life,and you will be taking meds/drugs all your life.
  • Posted

hala you get good periods and you get bad period the disease is for life its not a disease just disappears just lays low then come back ive had arthritis since I was 7grew out of it thought at 18 but came 40 its ten times worst know than then damage to joint unrepairable had surgeried helped but pain still there
  • Posted

According to my Rhumey, remission means that you are generally feeling well with less pain for consecutively 2 months. Besides, inflammation indexs should be within standard level
    • Posted

That sounds about right to me.
  • Posted

Hi. I got palindromic rheumatoid arthritis at the age of 23 And it directly affects larger joints like shoulder knee hip jaw etc. I could not sleep i could not chew food i could not comb.. i could not type. life was worse. I was on medication With no relief but now i m cured 30 years old with no symptoms since 4 years... how did this happen.. i m not sure but i want to share with you.. i think drinking lots and lots of water helps you ease symptoms of RA. i would suggest you all to try this... and let me know if it worked for you. As soon as you feel pain drink lots and lots of water... if it still pains then you did not drink enough.. so drink more. I want to know if this therapy helps anyone of you.
    • Posted

I drink about 2 quarts of water with lemon in it per day. I do it more for the toxicity of the meds and to help the liver, but it has never reduced my pain or inflammation.
    • Posted

Ok so may be i was lucky . I also tried fasting eating food only once a day and remaining time eating raw fruits if i feel hungry. May be that helped me.
    • Posted

Can you try to take pain killers till your pain is reduced along with drinking 3L of water... then stop pain killers and continue drinking water and tell me if it helped.. also try fasting for once a week at least.
    • Posted

If it doesn't help your RA,it will help your  kidneys and liver.
    • Posted

Fasting and drinking lots of water helped me.. so it can help someone else also.. i am sure.. have you tried it? I would suggest you to try.. as i want all to be cured of this hell.
    • Posted

you're saying that you got cured from RA by drinking a lot of water !!!!
    • Posted

the site,mentions that your type of illness can burn itself out.I'm afraid that there is no cure for RA.
    • Posted

Yes thats what i think cured it as i m in remission since 4 years. The only change i did in my life was to fast at least once a week or more eat lots of fruits in fast but food only once but fruits are allowed as much as you want. And whether you fast or not u have to drink lots of water..i have done only this change in my lifestyle and i cannot think of any other reason that cured it. So i want others to try it.
    • Posted

Yes thats what i think cured it as i m in remission since 4 years. The only change i did in my life was to fast at least once a week or more eat lots of fruits in fast but food only once but fruits are allowed as much as you want. And whether you fast or not u have to drink lots of water..i have done only this change in my lifestyle and i cannot think of any other reason that cured it. So i want others to try it.
    • Posted

Any type of disease can be cured if you try. Follow your heart.
    • Posted

Well jay I eat lots fruits and drunk plenty of water and mine worst oily fish surpised to be good but I have a lot of health problem so I hope it carries on remission have you been tested esr rap  I just need something to boost my immune system
    • Posted

Perhaps it was one of the chemicals that are added to the drinking water,so why not find out the various chemicals and try them one at a time,and also try the chemicals that are sprayed over the fruit and into the ground,and dont forget the chemicals that that are injected into the fruit?
    • Posted

I take pain killers and anti inflammatories every day without much success in pain reduction. I also usually only eat one real meal a day and I do eat a lot of fruit and I drink large amounts of water. Nothing has changed how I feel. Especially the fatigue.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.