Calling all sufferer's

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

Please offer me some advice. I went to Dr a year ago now after a couple of random dizzy and lightheaded spells. Afree a poke about they found fibroids (unrelated) but on that scan found gallstones. Symptoms are as follows, and I am at a loss for a diagnosis. Please tell me have any of you ever experienced any of these?

Lightheaded faint feeling, a lot of the time makes me feel really uneasy as it's very unpredictable

Shaking feeling in whole body before I feel like I'm going to fall to the floor

Random vibration feeling in small parts of body

Rash

Pain all over abdomen and chest randomly and short term

Numb leg (probably fibroid)

Acid feeling in chest after eating

Very blue veins in my hands that come and go

Enhanced liver enzymes

Dr is just blaming anxiety and I'm getting sick of hearing it. You're damn right I'm anxious I feel like crap all the time and nobody seems to want to help me!

Worth mentioning I've had a brain mri, many blood tests, ecg, blood pressure, scan from womb to gallbladder abd all ok apart from the obvious gall bladder full of stones and a huge fibroid.

Thanks all x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had my gallbladder removed on Tue.. I've experienced some of your symptoms. The random, scary lightheaded feeling, the tingling, & the chest & abdomen pain. I had the stones for 3-4 years & my primary care dr. wanted me to have the surgery but the gastro dr said I didn't need it yet. Last Fri had server chest pain., shortness of breath, and broke out in a sweat, plus low grade fever. Thought it was a heart attack as my mom died at 52 of massive heart attack & I'm just a few years younger. Turns out my gallstones were larger, more plentiful, & the gallbladder was swollen but not infected. They did surgery a few days later. I feel ok. I had years of sleepless nights with pain & after I'm fully recovered I'm hoping to feel like a whole new me. Your other symptoms I did not experience. Are you willing to have the surgery? If so maybe they can narrow things down & hopefully many of your symptoms will be resolved. I was so afraid but the recovery has really not been too bad for me.

• Posted

Hi, there,

I don't think it's anxiety.  Have you been to see a gastroenterologist and/or a gynecologist?  If you're still with a GP, you need a referral to doctors who are willing to diagnose and treat you; and able to do it.  

Seems to me you're being fobbed off.  sad

• Posted

I've never been referred to a gastro because Dr doesn't think they are causing the symptoms. My argument being that they shouldn't be there, let's get rid. I'm seeing a gynecologist for my fibroid which is very large 16x16cm to be precise which I guess is pushing everything upwards and isn't helping either surgery is close to being planned in following exhausting other unsuccessful options to shrink, I'm only 30 with no children, and he's said the surgery may result in a hysterectomy because of the size. Obviously now my doctor thinks anxiety for migraines and that are causing my above symptoms but I feel doubtful x

• Posted

I'm glad you're seeing the gynecologist, at least.  You're so young to be having these problems!  I would suggest that you tell your doctor you need a "second opinion" about the gallstones.  That may be the magic language you need to use.  If you're in the UK I understand you can complain about a doctor's negligence.  In this scenario, you should have priority. 

The problem with your doctor is that he "thinks" he doesn't know.  Ugh, you poor thing!

Please do keep me posted! xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.