Calling all tram-addicts

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello fellow Tramadol Addicts... Hope all is well, and that you had a good Christmas. I just wanted to say hi and remind you not to miss a dose during the busy holidaze. No falling asleep while you're talking, don't shake a leg, don't smell that pumpkin pie, cuz you can't and please don't forget what holiday this one is..Thanksgiving.... What are you guys talking about?

Are there any New Years Resolutions.......?? Sorry, a bit caustic I guess, but I do hope you're having a great holiday. Let's all taper down so we can jump off when we get to 2 or 3.... Peace out!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Haha nice humor.   Taper down to 2 or 3.  Haha that's all I ever took in a day and still having problems coming off! I just went 3 days without tramadol but took vicodin. .still felt like complete crap! Just took a tramadol today to feel normal and functional.   At this point I'm saying screw it and going to wait to talk to my Dr about getting off these devil drugs..I'm too big of a wimp for cold turkey !
    • Posted

Hi Brandy...try to do it cuz you are going to do more and more no ,atter what you say and then you'll be doing 60+ a day like me. Then you will really be in a bad place. Even tapering downs impossible to me. Oh and Brandi nothing personal but that little voice you hear in your head that says "I'll never do that much" is the bad Brandy talking. Think about it. If you had that kind of will power you'd already be off the tramadol...Don't get in too deer Brandi...best of luck
    • Posted

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say your wrong.  I wasn't worried about being on tramadol til I didn't take it one day and got so sick.  Then I freaked out and thought my god I can't be on a medicine like this! I don't take tramadol for a high and I could wake up tomorrow and not even think about it til I would get sick of course.  I take this for my pain and it helps and after going back and fourth going a day in withdrawl here and there and taking them again .  I have decided to remain on the 2 to 3 pills I take daily..until I can discuss a plan with my doctor.  I guess my problem was realizing I was on a pill that I had become dependent on..but if it allows me to live an active pain free life..is this a horrible thing...this is what I'm debating.  60 pills a day unbelieveable...good luck to you and God bless. 
  • Posted

I've just come off cold turkey because, do you knmow what?, that pain caused by PHN which I started taking Tramadol for is far worse than any side effects of the drug. Anyway, cold tukey wasn't at all bad, in fact I'm sure i'm not addicted to the Trams, just to the relief they bring. Something no other medication that is not strnger or more addictive can achieve.(morphine and it's cohorts).

I give TRAMADOL my vote of confidence and thanks.

• Posted

i've just re-read your reply to brandi18045. 60 caps a day?. That's 3 grams of Tramadol. about the equivalent of 600mg Morphine. Enough to fell a couple of horses.

If you've been taking half that amount your brain must be fried. Keep it up because living a normal life will be impossible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.