Calluses on my big toes since 7th grade. Please help me get rid of them!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had these big calluses on my big toes for years. I have tried using one of the toe scrapers where you can scrape the skin off and then file it down. I would do it while I was in the shower over the course of a year and a half. No matter what I did they would never go away. Someone please help! 

I don't see anywhere to post a picture, but the calluses are yellow and hard. Flakey after I get out of the shower. Thanks in advance for any response! 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

have you tried a pedicure. they use razors too to chip away at that dead skin.
  • Posted

Are uou hitting those particular places with a running shoe? Have you been to a dermatologist or podiatrist? They might have answers because I am wondering if they are a virus instead of actual calluses. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.