Calmer in the evening?

Posted , 30 users are following.

I always feel 10 times better at night, not back to normal but a lot more able to look at things more positively... Sometimes I stay up so late because I like feeling like this and I know that in the morning bam! The depression and anxiety hits me full force and most of my day is a struggle does anybody else feel at ease in the evening? Sometimes I naively think that this feeling is going to carry on to the next day and I start to make plans of things I'm going to do the next day only when the time comes I'm unable to do anything. It wish it could be night time all day and every day 

7 likes, 58 replies

58 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Well apart from everything ... Our thyroid levels are at peak in the mornings ... So I would ask you to give a try and see your thyroid levels ...
    • Posted

thats a very good point, it can effects your moods i have an underactive throid before i was tested i felt like that no engry in morning worth getting it checked and low moods x
    • Posted

Yes that's true for me as I have thyroid as well . And I guess both go hand in hand .. 

• Posted

I've never considered the thyroid thing in fact I'm not really sure what it is? Perhaps I should look into it , last night I was feeling pretty good almost ha
    • Posted

Yes, check your thyroid.  Having low or high thyroid levels are common and can cause depression or anxiety.   

But also, your thoughts can play a big part.   Your thoughts determine your feelings.  If you are thinking negatively or worrying, you have to train yourself to stop.  This makes a world of difference.  You just have to be aware you are doing it and then adjust your thoughts to positive affirmations or busy yourself, and exercise and pray!

• Posted

Sorry I 
  • Posted

Sorry I keeping posting too early! Last night I was feeling really good put this morning I feel terrible 
  • Posted

Oh my God yes I feel quite normal at night! My depression has left me with no feeling of well being or confidence in myself! Feeling lots of helplessness in my life! Had many series of depression but have always come through! Hopefully the generic Lexapro will work again for me! Been on this for one week so I know this is still early but boy do I ache for relief!
    • Posted

Hi...I've been having the same issues lately. After 6-7pm I feel almost like myself. Then I have horrible insomnia and lay most of the night in a daze or have to take an alprazolam just to be able to lay in bed. Its hard as hell to get up in the morning and I can't even go to work anymore....have you gotten any better? Is there hope?

• Posted

Hello. I'm very sorry to hear your struggling.

It's been a week later and I'm not 100% but better. Iv been seeing a very good therapist and confiding to some close friends. Talking really does seem to help me. It's helped me find acceptance and to a degree some self forgiveness of my secret guilt, which is the main trigger for me. Iv started yoga, im eating healthier and drinking less alcohol. I still have extremely low episodes though out the day but more lifts. Im basically doing everything in my power to boost my seratone without ant anti depressants. It's now my 3rd day without crying. Hang in there, it will slightly get easier, you do have to put the effort in however, even though your brain is telling you not to. Hard thing to master, which I'm only just starting to get the hang of.

• Posted

Starting seeing a psychiatrist who changed my med to Paxil 20 mil! I had taken this many years ago and it worked great, so he believes it will be great again! Been on it for 4 weeks and can see some improvement! Saw him yesterday and he stated that it would be another 4 weeks before I would get the full effect of the drug! This waiting is not fun, but I have to believe it will be worth it! How are you doing?
  • Posted

I know how you feel I always feel much better at night . Then bam morning comes and it's hell

• Posted

Hello Jen. This is exactly the same as me. For the first time in my life I have been suffering from depression quite badly. I'm a 35 year old male. My typical day goes something like this. I wake up and feel incredibly sad, I mean it's hell. I have to force myself out of bed which then literally makes me wretch. I then spend most of my day fighting extreme anxiety and depression going over the same tortuous thoughts and crying hysterically about 3 times. I force the gym at about 6pm and shower then oddly start to calm down. I am then able to eat and relax which is unbelievably relieving. I never want the night to end. In the morning BAM, it's like someone presses a reset button and I'm straight back to square one.

• Posted

That is 100% exactly how I feel.. What did you do to stop it? Thank you
    • Posted

This is me to a tee.  I'm a 65 yr. old mail.  Still working.  Had mt first bout with depression in my early 40s.  About 4 episodes total that never lasted more than a month or so with the help of meds.  I've been great for over 10 yrs. then suddenly mid-summer i had terrible insomnia which is a warning for me.  It's been over 6 months now, and I'm on my third med working with my GP.  I've been to a psychiatrist before, but really no therapy, just control of meds.  Exercise seems to help a lot, but i wake up incredibly anxious every morning with horrible thougts.  By 6pm I feel almost normal thinking tomorrow will be the turnaround day, but then go through the same routine again.  I'm hoping and praying that it goes away.  I have a wonderful girlfriend that i wouldn't be able to make it without.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.