Calprotectin

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello guys, I would have question, if have somebody the same stuff.

I am 32, I have still kinda gut issue. Usually not really serious ones. I went to colonoscopy 4 years ago, everything was clean and fine. Now I started have again some cramp. They did to me some calprotectin test - in 02/2022, 09/2022 and two weeks ago. The first two had value around 10, so they diagnosed me with IBS. But this last one has value 62. I know, that normal is up to 50 and this is really slightly above, but as I am stresser, this kinda concered me as I really scrared of IBD.

My question is - do you have any experience to have higher calprotectin with IBS? I would just add - I have nowdays kinda stressful situation. I had kinda mental breakdown 4 days before I sent my last stool to test. Also, due to my stomach I am taking for a few weeks Nolpaza (pantaprazol). Could this stuff make my calprotectin a little higher? (also since Christmas I have some issue with stomach - dull pain under breastbone and on the right side, sometimes to back. It was for a few days, then it return after two weeks (after my breakdown), then it went go away and last week it come again for a three days. Today I have no pain).

Can be all of this IBS? Higher calprotectin and this kind of pain?

Thanks 😃

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.