Calves feel like 'balloons' after sitting?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I really, really hope this is just my health anxiety playing tricks on me and it's nothing serious. Can't help but feel helpless when my brain is saying well your lymphatic system is shutting down for good now, you definitely have the nasty C sad 

I wouldn't be terrified if this was the usual pins and needles/numbness you get from sitting for a bit too long in an awkward position. But I've had this happen to me a few times recently now, where I sit in front of my telly on my desk and play some video games as you do for a half hour or an hour and then finally decided to get up, and my legs aren't numb, but my calves feel like balloons sort of?? They don't look like they are swollen and the feeling subsides quite quick once I'm up and walking about. During the day I work at a shop and only sit down for half an hour through the shift (but I never notice anything like this happening) so my legs are quite active. 

I don't want to be rushing to the doctor if this is something I shouldn't worry about, but this is a new sensation to me and it is scaring me to bits, sorry if I sound absolutely stupid saying this sad 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You are feeling several things so its hard to say. You need to go to the Dr. Your symptoms sound like a lot of things.

Ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.