Came Off Citropalm

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey Guys 

I just wanted to give you and update on how everything was going as i promised some of you i would. The support you all gave me was absolutley brilliant and just knowing you was there to listen or help with questions that needed answering ment to much.

So i decided to come of citrolpam after being on it for nearly 2 months. First two weeks i felt horrid and wanted to come off but stuck it out , i had a good week then i went back to feeling really bad. I went back to doctors they said to stick it out so i left it but i could feel something wasn't just right in me and really wanted to come of them even my counselor suggested to stay on them, but when you know you just kind of know right.

I was so scared about coming of them as of the side effects like going on them. But i did it all propely and the withdrawl sypmtoms lasted for about 2 days so i was really pleased with that and really wasnt that bad at all. I didnt come of them how the doctors recommend i had followed from what i had read on here and i come off them in about over 3 weeks reducing it down little by little.

I'm now starting to think that maybe i reacted to the drug and it didnt agree with me i just felt like i wanted it out my system really quick.

I was sad as i have read nothing but good things about this drug , but not everything works the same for everyone.

But i am now working along side with my counselor going to work groups i dont want to go every time but i make myself and when i get there im glad i went.

Im doing yoga which i absolutley love, someone actually suggested it on here mayday i believe and im doing exercsing too. Along with that im eating really healthy food smile which has made a massive difference in how i feel. And the funny thing is all of this i just mentioned i used to think god like that will help and it actually really does. I have to really push myself some days its bloody hard. I have a long way to go i know that but in general im feeling pretty good and loving life again Also changing you mindset and to thinking  as positive as you can and i know it aint easy trust me.  I know im going to get bad days but when i do im just gonna really try my hardest to push through it and be thankful for life!!!

Im still a believer in this drug though just unfortunately it didnt work for me i have done and read so much on it and for those it does work for its amazing.

I just want to wish you guys all the best and what ever works for you , you get to that place where you want to be!!

love to you all

x x 

p.s. sorry i have rambled on

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sorry for the bad spelling lol i spell it how i prounce things  x x x x
  • Posted

Hi Tas, well done you for being patient and for working hard to help yourself through this really difficult time.  Cit didn't suit me either and like you say, I was sad too as I could feel some benefits from taking it but I had a really nasty allergic reaction to it and my doctor agreed it wasn't good for me to continue with it.  I'm also trying to get my anxiety and stress issues under control by other means, healthy food and exercise like you - and I feel the benefits in my overall health from changing my lifestyle, so even if I'm still flakey at least I'm a healthy flake biggrin  

So nice to hear you've managed to get through the worst and are hopefully on a road to both good health and good mental health.  keep it up hon. xx

• Posted

I HAVE BEEN OFF 2 WEEKS NOW. I AM FEELING SO MUCH BETTER.

I WILL PROBABLY UNSUBSCRIBE AS I HAVE MADE SOME PEOPLE UNHAPPY FOR TELLING THE TRUTH ABOUT THIS DRUG. IT IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

• Posted

Glad to hear you're feeling better bobbee, you're correct, cit isnt for everyone, it caused me some awful health issues but for those that can take it without issue, its often a life saver.  You, me and Tas are the unlucky ones I guess.
  • Posted

That's brilliant news, I'm so pleased for you. I hope the counsellor and the group work continues to go well. And look at you doing yoga and eating well, you're a whole different person!

Please let us know how you're doing - and if you plan your big trip. Don't forget, if you have a bad day or you need support to motivate you, you know where we are.

best of luck to you lovely

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.