Came off vensir xl 225mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I stopped my vensir exactly 10 days ago(cold turkey),no weaning,(AWFUL),

Day 1,slightly moody.

Day 2,crying constantly 

Day3,felt dizzy,almost an intoxicated feeling,couldn't drive my car or even think clearly.not too mention the cramps in my stomach and running back and forth too the loo,especially after eating.

Day 4/all of the above plus headache feeling sick,

Day 5/awful nightmares and night terrors,restless legs

Day 6/dizziness wore off and also cramps and loose bowel movements.feeling better(able to think clearly for the first time in 7 years.

Day 7:forgot too mention I've lost 6llb by this stage,no appetite and my sex drive is sky high,,and days 8,9,and 10 have been ok so far,hopefully my depression does not relapse or hit an all time low.so I'm a short paragraph that's my story,advice :don't take vensir as coming off it is hell,

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

No wonder you are feeling like that,you should wean off slowly not stop it suddenly like that!
  • Posted

Hi I am on 300 mg of venlafaxine a day have been on this dose for over a year feel exhausted all the time and mood is so low at wits end ? Any one else the same?
    • Posted

Forgot to mention I’m also on 1 x 30mg of mitrazapine
    • Posted

Hi i am on 300 mg too I do feel sluggish most days but do just go with it as it has helped my depression also on HRT patches which have helped .xx

• Posted

This medication does state DO NOT JUST STOP please taper yourself, so put yourself immediately back on 
  • Posted

Hi louise i hope you are feeling so much better, i cant believe you went cold turkey. Venlafaxine is supposed to be tapered very slowly, but hey each to their own, did 225mg help for you, i take 187.5mg of venlafaxine but i still get bad days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.