Campral

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay, so anybody that has taken it before, what should I expect, how should I feel - I'm not sure.

I don't have any side effects (diarrhea etc.) because my body has become so tolerant to medication, nothing really sets it off balance any more.

I've been taking it since Thursday, I'm not sure what I expected, but I don't feel any different at all. Not to say that it isn't doing anything, just I expected some sort of feeling.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello RHGB. Perhaps your body react differently to others or some side effects might kick in later ALTHOUGH I do not wish so but just wondering. I do wish you best of luck! Robin
  • Posted

I had no side effects at all. Like you for the first week to ten days I felt no different. However after ten days I noticed that the thought of drinking gradually stopped consuming me. After two weeks I noticed I'd gone a whole morning without even thinking about alcohol. It was only when I took the lunchtime dose that it dawned on me! Hope it works well for you and you notice the desired effect.

My only problem was that after about a month, I would sometimes forget to take it, then suddenly remember. Unlike you I wasn't taking any other medication regularly, so was not in a routine.

Good luck

• Posted

Well what is the scoop?  How is the Campral doing you?

• Posted

Seems to be doing the trick. I've been on it two weeks now. No real side affects, other than feeling a bit sleepy, earlier on in the evening and if I don't eat early, I tend to only want a sandwhich rather than something cooked.

Not had a drink for nigh on two months now. So I had six weeks between detox and taking Campral. I took to drinking non alcoholic beer, I found one that actually had some taste to it. The only trouble is, it's a bit like eating candy floss, you can taste it while you're having it, but once it's gone, you have a feeling of nothing.

So, I feel it is down to a mixture of Campral helping and will power. I could still happily go next door to the pub with my mate and have a few pints and a laugh but the one thing is, I don't tend to think about it so much, like I used to. The doctor did say, it isn't a magical pill, and that I would have to work at it aswell.

I have a one to one with my counsellor on Monday and I see the doctor two weeks today, which reminds me, the hospital appointments are stacking up, I've got three in April and no doubt the alcohol councilling will try and book an appoitment the same day as one of those.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.