CAN 2 CO/CODAMOL 8/500 MG TABLETS MAKE YOU SLEEPY

Posted , 3 users are following.

After a week waking at 4am with bad anxiety attacks would it be okay to take 2 of the co/codamol tablets before going to bed to hopefully aid in getting some sleep bearing in mind that I have just taken my second 20 mg citalapram tablet, going on holiday tomorrow & really need some shut eye ?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andy,

when i take 2 500mg cocodamol this makes me sleepy, it has the same effect as if you were on morphine as this is hat your body turns it into.

I am currently on this for a bad back.

• Posted

Thanks Dawn & hope your bad back starts to improve ☺
    • Posted

Hi Andy,

I wish it is getting worse not better.

i have also tried a holiday and nothing makes it better

• Posted

Hi Andy, if you are going to do it as a one off then fine but wouldn't recommend it. Suggest you try and have a relaxing holiday and go and see your doctor when you get back.
    • Posted

Cheers Gwent, thanks for your advice, why wouldn't you recommend it ?
    • Posted

Sorry I meant to say Gwen!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.