Can 24 hr UFC volume skew results?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I got my 24 hr UFC results back last week (finally) and my levels were above normal (54 ug for cortisol and 214 ug for cortisone) although according to my endo, the volume of the sample that I turned in was also well above normal. At first my endo did not believe that I followed instructions (he thought I filled for two days worth). I then proceeded to tell him that of course I only did a sample for 24 hour and that I drink and pee wayyy more than the average person. Been like that my whole life and honestly get a lot of grief about it. Anyways, he finally gets back to me and says that my high volume likely skewed my results and that an average woman my age and size cannot have a urine output that large. He then told me to come back in a month to re-do the test! I was at a complete loss of words for this, not only am I totally miserable but I have all the physical symptoms of cushings. 

So does anyone know anything about UFC volumes and whether it can actually skew results, especially for someone like me who has always have a high urine output? Also any advice on this frustrating matter

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Well if your volume was extreme yes it could mess up the test...as they are basing it on less volume..so when you do this 2nd 24 hour urine test..drink way less for 2 days before the test and during the test..do not drink more than 8 glasses of water 64 ounces that day and no other liquid

...just water...and see whether that helps with this round of tests...I've done so many urine tests..both 24 hr and 48 hr I should have a gold plated one. Patience...I know hard..but took them 9 years to diagnose me...cushings is rare and difficult to pin point ...I hope my advice helps.

• Posted

Thank you! All very frustrating and there is a HUGE lack of communication happening between myself and my endo (on my endos behalf)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.