Can a 4cm cyst cause weight gain around the stomach?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with a 4cm ovarian cyst. I also have a very big stomach which I cannot shift even though I have been working hard at the gym 4 times a week. My legs and arms are quite toned but there's nothing I can do for my stomach. Is this fat or is it swollen from the cyst? My consultant doesn't seem to think it's connected to the cyst because it's only 4cm but I can't work out why my stomach is so big! I know it sounds trival but it's really getting me down as none of my clothes fit any more and nothing I seem to do seems to help lose the stomach fat. Can anyone help? Has anyone been in a similar position?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Honestly, most likely the stomach is not being affected by your cyst.  I won't say it's not impossible, but 4 cm cysts are incredibly common in all women as a result of normal ovulation.  

I hope yor cysts resolves on its own and you can get some peace of mind.

• Posted

At the last measurement my cyst Was 10cm. I get cramps in my stomach like period pains and I have a bloated tummy.
  • Posted

Hi,

I had a 4 cm cyst on my left ovary. The cyst was removed 3 weeks back. While I had it, I used to experience bloated abdomen and a bit tight around the tummy on wearing clothes which fitted me before.

If your symtoms are more severe, may help to raise it with your doc when you get a chance.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.