Can a hysterectomy help my severe cystitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having severe bladder issues aside the endometriosis. I've had several bladder detentions done for cystitis and 3 laps for endometriosis. Now my bladder is so painful and I have trouble peeing or have intense pain. I have been told the endo may be growing around or near my bladder. Has a hysterectomy helped anyone with severe cystitis? I'm suffering in agony constantly and can't take it anymore.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

From my experience and speaking for myself, a hysterectomy didn't improve my cystitis unfortunately.  Good luck with everything.

• Posted

I'm so sorry it didn't help you. I hope some thing does. Its so horrible.

• Posted

This must be awful for you. I am now 5 weeks post op and have had no more cystitis. Although i have to say i only had 3 bouts of it, nasty ones, before my op. I too had severe endometreosis. I hope this mkes u feel a little better xx
    • Posted

Thank you. I'm so glad or helped you. I deal with it 24/7 and so painful. At my wits end.

• Posted

Hi,

sorry to say that my cystitis actually only began after my hysterectomy, the lack of estrogen is a large contributer so my GP tells me, perhaps in your case things will work in your favour, I do hope so.

• Posted

I'm losing hope and I don't know what to do. The pain is so severe I'm feeling suicidal. I'm so sorry it hasn't helped you. I feel hopeless.

• Posted

Please make an appointment to see your GP (primary care doctor) this morning, tell him/her how desperate you are feeling, the ladies on here can only describe what they have personally experienced, we in no way know how you are feeling at this moment, only how we ourselves have felt, please get professional help A.S.A.P. don't go on suffering in this way.

Phoebe.

• Posted

Yes please do go to your GP with a urine sample.  If it's a bacterial infection it could go to your kidneys if not sorted.  The GP will do a litmus test on your urine to see if it's bacterial.  If nothing there, it could be interstercial cystitis.  Might have spelt that wrong !  I do hope you are better soon, I know what it's like to have cystitis all the time

• Posted

Yeah its cystitis, but they also think endometriosis might be growing on my bladder. Plus that and fibro. Getting an installation procedure Friday and surgery July. I really hope these help me sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.