Can a muscle relaxer cause lpr or Gerd to worsen??

Posted , 3 users are following.

i took a muscle relaxer for 2 days for tight muscles in my neck. yesterday was the 2 day after i took it at night. i have been continuously clearing my throat and coughing all day. its the middle of the night and i cant sleep because of it. I don't know what to do! but somehow i think it is related to the flexeril. i have cleared my throat so much that it is getting sore and my ear hurts now.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes the drug you mention , can cause a cough !!!...some people worse than others!!....if you find this intolerable....and its not good if its keeping you awake at night...Coughing!!...go.back to see your Dr, explain to.him your problem...and ask him. To prescribe some thing different.....being awake all night...coughing..is not going to.help...your neck problem.....feel sure he will.understand...your situation....and prescribe you something else.....which will.not have the same effect.....so you can get some sleep....hope you feel better soon...

• Posted

Interesting. So being addicted to co-codamol 2 x 30/500 pills a day for many years may have an affect on my GERD?

• Posted

It most will...i have an hiatus hernia. And Gerd can not take any pain killers...with out consequences. Severe acid stomach....and pain...severe acid stomach....and heart burn.....try to.cut down on the pain killing Meds.....and find alternative ways of dealing with it!!.....pain killers cause more acid production.....so then more Gerd.....if you tell.me why the pain.killers....i can give you more ideas...for alternatives.....to.help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.