Can a non-smoker get lung cancer/OCPD from spending 1-2 nights from a hotel room?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have never been exposed to smoking, i've spent 1-2 nights in a hotel room with smoking, I started to have coughing and about 6 months it got really bad where I was coughing up blood and it was a dry cough, I have wheezing in my breathing and when I breathe out you can hear it in my lungs, and chest pains. I was given budesonide/formoterol fumarate dihydrate powder for inhalation which found out is given to chemotherapy patients and It has gone better but 5 months later my coughing is starting to come back. Could I have lung cancer or OCPD or Asthma?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The short answer is NO, but you need to ask the medical people you saw for a diagnosis, we can't diagnose you over the internet and we're not doctors.   However I don't see how there could possibly be any connection between a couple of nights of exposure to cigarette smoke and your current symptoms.   

Ask more questions of the right people ASAP

• Posted

I agree there is no way you can get anything from inhaling a bit of second hand smoke!   You will get more pollution walking down a busy street from the traffic.  

You do need to see your doctor though as none of us are medically trained on here and even if we were we couldn't diagnose you over the internet.  x

• Posted

Hi rogerrrr,

Sounds like you have something else going on....but you really need to go to a Dr or hospital emergency room...especially if u are coughing up blood. That may be serious...let's hope it's not...so please go see and keep us posted. Ladyjack51

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.