Can a positive CCP & RF be present in disorders other than RA?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Is it possible to have a positive CCP in conditions other than RA? Obtaining info on this subject online hasnt been easy nor informative.

I'm really curious if these two tests can be positive/abnormal in other conditions.

I have previously tested positive for CCP and Rheumatoid Factor, I have numerous issues that all point to RA but my doctor has stated "he doesnt think I have RA but something is going on".. super helpful!

My results were:

CCP: 52 units

RF: 15 units

Currently undiagnosed and fighting for answers regarding my chronic pain.

Thank you very much for reading. I appreciate any information or input!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been diagnosed with RA last year but I have been going back and forth between Neuros and Rheumys for about five years on and off so I know how you feel, hearing the diagnosis of RA was almost a relief that I was believed that something was wrong. I now keep a spreadsheet with my monthly blood results so I can see how things are settling. Before my diagnosis My RF was 17 and my CCP >1(which here in Australia and the lab we use says it should be <7). Its very confusing the different way things are measured.

Although my Rheumy put me on MTX and Plaquinil and Pred I think She was still a bit undecided as I still had high levels of inflammation which was not coming down with the meds so she sent me for a bone scan to show where the inflammation was pooling and it showed huge amounts in ankles, feet and toes, wrists, hands and fingers so she immediately put me on a fortnightly biologic injection too which is giving me the most relief.

?I sometimes think that the blood tests dont show the whole story (as mine were not that high). I hope you get your result soon so that they can give you some relief.

• Posted

Hi-

The CCP is an antibody produced by your immune system and can be present in other autoimmune diseases besides RA.  My CCP is 154 and my RF is negative.  One rheumatologist told me I had RA based solely on that test result.  Another one said, no you don't.  Still searching for a good doctor.  Most docs these days can't find their arse with both hands and a map.  Have you had an ANA test done, or any other autoimmune testing done?  Unfortunately you can have symptoms for years before showing positive on these tests.  Try to find a good rheumatologist that will continue to investigate with additional testing.

• Posted

so I'm looking at everyones high CCP numbers and wondering what you all will think of my numbers. I received my test results via patient portal and was stunned by what I saw. I've had no call back on the results yet from my doctor as it has been only a week since testing. My RF is negative but my CCP results state 1566.2. What disease gives this high a number? I'm literally freaking out! Both my white and red blood cells are slightly high.

• Posted

Did you state you were seeing a Rheumatologist? If not, you should be. Your CCP level is very high unless the measurements are different at that lab or in your country. Positive results for cyclic citrullinated peptide (CCP) antibodies may occur in some patients with systemic lupus erythematosus or other autoimmune, connective tissue diseases, as well as RA. Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.