Can a possible HIV infection cause intestinal yeast after only 4 months?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can a possible HIV infection impair the immune system enough in four months to cause an intestinal yeast infection? Also, could it cause a fever the same night, that lasted a day and a half and a bout of diarrhea six days later? My current symptoms have been mild constipation, decreased appetite, weird taste in mouth at times, mild tingling at times, yellowish stools that sink, a weird variation of insomnia that wakes me up every night between 3-5 AM and the back of tongue is whitish and a little bumpy looking at times.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can hunny you should go and get tested hiv symptoms are head aches ,diarrhea , fever ,flague ,cough , weighloss shortness of breathe,
  • Posted

Hi, it is important to keep in mind. The only way to know for sure is to be tested at the suggested time after contact. Typically 90 days after contact should give an accurate result (ask your GP or Doctors opinion on this). Many times HIV will cause NO symptoms at all, for years.

It is impossible to diagnose yourself by your symptoms or any info from the internet (info on the net can usually cause alot of needless worry). For instance type in the same symptoms for another disease and you might have that too, according to the net.

Personally, I have worried that I may be infected becuase of experiencing every HIV symptom possible after a risky encounter - and then test negative in 90 days. I have read several of the same experiences on here as well.

Point is be tested at the suggested time after contact. Ask the advise of your GP or local GUM clinic about this as well. Good Luck and always Play Safe. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.