Can Abdominal Muscle Contraction Cause Upper Stomach Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Usually muscle pains are felt outside or are felt not related to any organ, but has anyone experienced pain that is felt inside or in stomach itself because of abdominal muscle contraction? By pain I mean severe pain like getting kicked in stomach or like a severe cramp felt inside upper left stomach? It can be called a severe cramp if it comes and goes or moves around but when its always there like a clamp and giving you unbearable stomach pain can it be a frozen abdominal muscle, which is not felt as a muscle pain but rather felt like a severe stomach pain?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I used to get four different types of pain with IBS.  One of them was a very deep seated pain that I could feel grinding away inside my entire abdomen.
    • Posted

I had a fecal calprotectin stool test to check for inflammation in my colon, and it was negative.
  • Posted

It does not sound like you are Robinirole (sp?) so I guess that you cannot give the answer I was looking for.  Thanks anyway for responding.
    • Posted

Dont worry your symptoms will go away. If you can, do exercise daily, and also try taking probiotics.
  • Posted

Sounds like you're having spasms they have medication for that to control them there like labor pains if you're a female you know what I mean that grabbing feeling is no fun

• Posted

I am a guy and pain is severe like a severe stomach cramp and it has been like this for over 7 months, although intensity changes throughout day but its always there. I cant eat much because of this stomach pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.