Can Acid reflux really cause this much chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got told by my doc its reflux have most of the symptoms. being breathless randomly is my most comman and gurgling and bubbling what feels like my chest and pretty loud at times. I have random days where my reflux gets bad and the belching starts but actually it kinda feels like its even hard to belch if that makes sense. just more of the pressure i feel for it. But its these god dam random chest pains that scare me surely they carnt be normal .and pretty extreme at times feels like a heart attack and very sudden jst come strait out the blue and i dnt even get a burning chest with my reflux what i find odd .but these pains in my chest are my biggest concern. scare the life out of me and have to go and lie face down on my bed as i feel like im gunna drop dead. can reflux make these pains that unbarable surely not.anyone else have random chest pains with it that servere sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I went to the hospital 2times with mine. Idk if it was the reflux or the gallbladder. But yes. I had my heart checked and it’s ok. Since gallbladder surgery I still have reflux but I’m on meds so it’s not as bad I also have gastritis. So I can’t be sure if it’s the gallbladder or the reflux bay caused it but yes I do know reflux can cause horrible chest pains. I wish you the best! I hope you can heal this. I hope and pray we all can! Keep in touch!
  • Posted

Unless you had a full checkup with EKG and a scan then I think you should see another doctor.  Some are too quick to dismiss symptoms and put people on PPi drugs.  Acid reflux symptoms are generally described as burning.  Stomach acid damages tissue in the esophagus and then the next time acid goes up it burns.  If taking a simple antacid does not bring relief then you likely have some other condition.  There are many organs in that area.  You need to have a full checkup.  I had acid reflux for over 20 years but never had your symptoms.  Call tomorrow and set up an appointment with another doctor, I recommend a female doctor if possible.  If you can't find a doctor soon, then if you still have these pains you should go to the emergency.  This is not right.  Keep me posted.

• Posted

Hii chris,

Chest pain may force you to worry a bit, especially if you are a patient with heart problems. Chest pain may even take place as a common symptom associated with the acid reflux. Most of the medical experts even call chest discomfort related to acid reflux as NCCP .Non Cardiac Chest Pain. Most of the times, NCCP mimics the angina pain or the chest pain related cardiac origin.

it has become very much essential to differentiate different forms/ types of chest pain, which may potentially ease one's mind and help in the treatment of acid reflux in an effective way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.