can acne scars look like beauty/birthmarks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey all, so i would be asking this to a doctor, but due to the pandemic most of them aren't accepting appointments; and this is kinda something i'd need to see someone in-person about.

my question is, has anyone ever noticed acne scarring to look like new birthmarks, specifically beauty marks? i have a region on my chin that's always gotten bad breakouts, but about 2 weeks ago i noticed a tiny brown mark close to my lip, no bigger than the tip of a pencil, as a new breakout started to form. i read it might be a post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation mark, but it looks really similar to the other tiny birthmarks i have on my face and body. the first day i noticed it, it was lighter in color, and the day after it got a bit darker. nothing has changed about it since.

melanoma doesn't run in my family. i am extremely pale skinned, but i don't go in the sun at all. anyone been through a similar situation?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Certain vascular birthmarks called hemangiomas can begin as flat lesions at birth but enlarge rapidly during the first few months of life. They may ulcerate and disappear slowly, leaving only a scar

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.