Can Afib cause raised inflammatory levels/markers?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. I was just wondering as to whether raised inflammatory levels can be caused by Atrial Fibrillation? 

So I am under quite a few departments; ENT, rheumatology and cardiology. The rheumatologist gave me two blood tests to determain any arthritis which came back negative and so I got discharged. However, on each of the blood tests came back and inflammatory marker of 18 I think however there is no other problem and it doesnt state where in the body it is. I mean I have some injuries, not sure what it could be. It also came back raised in routine blood which i was diagnosed B9 and B12 deficient (again!). Obviously, they wanted to rule everything out because I'm 17 and kind of just left me in pain with my joints.  I just want to rule out and see whether my heart could be causing the high marker?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I do not know the answer to your question however after AF my heart and chest area feel red and raw suggesting some inflamation caused as a result of the fast beats for however long.     I also have inflammatory levels in my body which is believed to be in the digestive system but the gastro person couldn't help further.  I am also B9 deficient so there are a lot of similarities.    I feel but cannot be sure of course that something is not right in my system  - I certainly l feel my body does not process properly and also gets very toxic and that I probably take in enough B9 for example but it is not absorbed.    I have a feeling that when the body tries to deal with all of that and it cannot THEN I get the AF.      So sorry to hear you are having problems at 17 and hope they do get to the bottom of it. 

• Posted

Dear XoMonkey

My advice is to contact your cardiologist and demand an answer you shouldn't be left in a state of anxiety and pain. Anxiety can cause you problems too. You appear to be seeing a gang of experts surely one of them must have a diagnoses. I would be s nuisance and get back to them. As you are concerned about your heart and associated problems begin with your cardiologist. All the best I hope it is sorted out quickly for your sake. Therapy girlo

• Posted

Hello thanks for your replies! Yeah it could be the muscle strain, I've heard about that before as after an episode I frequently urinate.

And i have nagged the hospital many times and they don't even answer the phone and when they do they haven't read the results. I have an appointment with them on the 25th and I'm sure they had probably not looked at the results as it feels its a joke for them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.