Can Ameobiasis cause Ulcers?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I am a 30-year old male and I had ameobiasis twice. My first was in 2019 and second is this November 2021. Just last week, I ate corn then the following morning I had a really bad stomach ache as I woke up. Went to the bathroom and I pooped liquid. I am used to pooping liquid stools because I thought I have IBS. But then the stomach ache did not go away. The stomach ache feels like there is an urge to poop so I thought I am having constipation and that some hard stool has been stuck somewhere in my colon. I am thinking of the corn I ate the night before and thought it's because of it that I am having the stomach ache. So I drank water to try to push the bowel movement but I vomited twice. The second vomit included blood. (I'm not feeling any nausea at the time of vomit. Just felt bloated) I went back and forth in the toilet (around 5 times) because the stomach ache is still there. The stomach ache, though, is not continuous. It's like it comes and goes but on repeat. Later on, at 1pm in the afternoon, I successfully pooped the hard stools. I think it was three solid stools. The stomach ache went away. But thinking of the blood in my vomit, I made the decision to go to the ER and have my stool checked. The lab results indicated I have amoebiasis. AGAIN. But I have no fever. The ER doctor suggested to me to go the gastroenterologist. So the next day I went to the gastroenterologist and he suggested to me to undergo colonoscopy. So I underwent colonoscopy and there they found several ulcers in my large intestine. from the descending colon to the ascending colon! So back to my question, does amoeba really cause these ulcers? I also have ulcers in my upper GI. The whole GI tract? really?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ulcers are caused by acidic issues in the system. This means that the antidote is an antibiotic. It also means that for a time you need to be careful of what you eat, at least until the ulcers clear up abit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.