Can an ecg miss a heart attack

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi in had another major panic attack which resulted in me calling an ambulance. The ECG said I was slightly tachycardia but the paramedics were confident I wasn't having a heart attack. Well I still feel funny I've been sick, have hot flashes, shaking my chest is burning, I'm exttemely fatigued. What if something has been missed? One minute I'm shivering cold the next burning up. Can't stop shaking either

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also let me add I've had 4 ECG in total but still worried something is wrong. This is all after a viral infection and me stupidly googling why I was having palpitations. MYOCARDITIS. What if those 4 ECG aren't picking it up. One minute I was fine the next I gasped for air and went into a panic but even once I've calmed down I'm still getting twinges in my chest, an achy feeling left side of chest ( sometimes right) pain under arm pit. Aching left arm. This had been gping on for 2 weeks now . I don't know what to do anymore

• Posted

One ECG might miss something but with four you are in the clear. Nothing there sounds like a heart attack. I presume they did blood tests to rule out any heart attack.
    • Posted

Yes had a blood test with first ECG. Came back clear. Still getting twinges in heart and just feel funny
  • Posted

Yes with the first ECG I had blood test. My hearts still twinging a little and have bit of a burning feeling. I just feel strange.
    • Posted

Nothing there sounds like the pain from a heart attack.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reply. I feel a bit calmer now
  • Posted

I can assure you that they would not miss a heart attack or even a suspected one, they would check your troponin levels even if suspected, that's an enzyme your heart produces if it been damaged.

I had an issue when I went to the dentists, suddenly couldn't breathe, took me to the hospital next door, ECG showed some issues, so they took blood and tested it, troponin Nil, but came back with suspect blood clot, gave me clot busting meds, and 8 hours later more blood tests showed me in the clear, end result was had a had a false positive, as nothing more came of it, x-ray clear, and cat scan clear.

• Posted

Thankyou for your reassurance. I am feeling a bit calmer now but will be mentioning all this at the DRs next week
    • Posted

False positives abound. I've had three stress ECG's that were found to be false positives after I had an angiogram.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.