Can an eye test detect any Type of growth in the brain?

Posted , 5 users are following.

All through my anxiety the thought of having a brain tumour hasn't left my mind for the past 6 months! Back in June I got an eye test done and they were completely fine! Also since then I've had blood work done and all was clear also numerous doctor visits and I'm fine according to my doc but I myself just can't expect it because my so called anxiety symptoms are so intense at times especially the dizziness and headaches! Can someone please shed some light on the situation 

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Like your previous post Rachel I think you already know its the health anxiety, stick with therapy and stay off google - these things will pass it just takes time
    • Posted

It's like vicious circle in my head I can accept it and then my brain thinks what if?? I hate it!
    • Posted

Ah that's the key to therapy, intellectually we know it, but if we don't feel it then it doesn't stick. That I'm afraid is just the nature of it. Deep breathes and just allow it to feel however it feels. Ure in no danger, it really is just the anxiety
  • Posted

Rachel ,opticians test bring up anything related to over all health even before a dr .

So I'd forget tumours etc  your wound up ,so it will manifest itself ,that's what stress and anxiety will do.Whats your age ? What's your general health been like prior to what you've posted ? Drink more water maybe your to dehydrated that will give severe headaches ,yes and Dizzyness ,see if that relieves head pressure  allergies will give of really bad headaches .Deep breathing you want to try when not feeling good ,lots do it for anxiety .yes I agree don't do any googling big mistake number 1 .

• Posted

Hi and I'm 17 and before this anxiety started I was a international pro champion in dancing and my anxiety has stopped me from competing also a bad leg injury, and it's effected my fitness😞 
    • Posted

My advice is don't give up what you enjoyed doing ,don't let it take control ,your far to young ,easy to get into the downward spiral ,plenty here on these sites will tell you same thing.then where's your enjoyment to nowhere ,so kick back and go do that dancing you love so much .Headaches are just what they are simply just headaches no more ,till you make it into something else all to easy I'm afraid .Can get that leg sorted I'm sure ,go get fit .xx
  • Posted

I am not sure you have brought this to the most appropriate group. Please browse through the discussions on the Religious Spiritual group. You may like to present your imporant question there.
    • Posted

There's no religious element to Rachel's question,she's posted in the correct place
    • Posted

Thanks for your opinion jmcg. I am not sure you have got it right either. Anyway, Rachel's opinion is the one that matters. We can agree on that perhaps.

The second part of your statement I agree with. She has posted in the correct place. There may be something for her elsewhere. Just thinking outside the box.

Cheers George

• Posted

I'm in agreement with you ,regarding Rachel's question ,she's in the correct area,she wasent talking anything about religion at all ,George wil confuse her more just what she wants ,no box to think outside .Period 
    • Posted

Thanks, thought it was just me! Didnt see any religious aspect to this at all, its bad taste to try and recruit for religious groups here, I hope that isn't what was happening
    • Posted

Sometimes on these sites people have there own agendas ,for whatever reason.Thats not in Rachel or anyone else's interest .Youngster just asked simple question ,I'm old enough to be her grandmother plus . Hope she's okay ,to young for all this stress ,but it can escalate if she doesn't just accept  she's had eye tests  and all was fine ,they'd had her into a Hsp pronto straight from test otherwise .
    • Posted

That's what's so appalling about health anxiety, we want reassurance then can't accept it when we get it, it really is a horrible aspect of anxiety
    • Posted

Thanks jmcg. Elsewhere on this forum I have expressed my opposition to all religion. No, no recruitment. 

No doubt see you in other discussions.

George

• Posted

If you are really worried about this, ask for another eye test.  Why are you asking us if you have a brain tumour.  Please see a doctor or opthalmologist if you are so worried.  I think you need your mind put at rest. 

Seems from what you say that all the tests you have had show there is nothing wrong with you.  Unfortunately you have health anxiety and you are convincing yourself you are definitely ill. 

I have dizziness and headaches all the time, so do a lot of other people.  Anxiety can cause this, or tension. Try and relax and if you are super worried see a doctor again.  Worrying will only make you worse.

• Posted

Unfortunately putting ones mind at rest if you suffer from health anxiety is impossible. No matter what reassurance you get its never enough, and you won't believe any good results you get - its part of the illness. Of course any physical problems should be checked,which I believe you already have Rachel, and have had good results previously. The trouble is once we deal with one set of issues, we then pick something else -/it really is neverending

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.