Can Antihistamines like Drixoral cause heart palpitations and blurred vision?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have been on Dexilant for GERD and it’s been giving me very bad nasal congestion. I’ve been taking Drixoral nasal congestionant for about 8 weeks now 2-3 times a day for relief. For about a month I have been getting really bad heart palpitations which is totally new to me, had an ECG and an Echo and they came up normal. I’ve also been getting blurred or hazy vision and headaches. Are these all connected to the Drixoral somehow? Have I been overusing it? 

Please help!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI  I’ve been on Omeprazole for reflux for a month now and have had a lot of headaches and what I thought  was sinusitis and when I saw your post it made me look at the side effects  2 of which  are headaches and congestion so possibly your meds for GERD are doing the same. Cure one thing only to get another!! 

Regards

Hilary

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.