Can anxiety be a cause of bipolar?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else deals with anxiety and severe mood swings! I've had anxiety the past 5 months now and also I have really drastic mood changes too, one minute I'm great better then ever! Then when I get home or I'm alone I get sad, angry, depressed and cry to myself or throw and anger breakdown! And these can happen for no apparent reasons, some mornings I wake up and think to myself F*** this I'm not getting up and feel like the world is on my shoulders, and then other times I wake up happy as larry! And then lately now that I've been hearing a lot more about EBOLA concerns of it spreading to the uk and Ireland it's severely made my anxiety a good 1000 times worse! Someone please give me a few answers😞

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel  

I'm not sure anxiety can cause bipolar disorder so much, but it could be that you have bipolar disorder and that is causing anxiety. I would suggest speaking to your doctor?

x

• Posted

Are you taking medication Rachel? I used to think that I could be bipolar. I used to find that when I was with people I would be a little bit anxious and then when I was on my own a lot of the frustration of being me would build up or I would get irrationally angry about stupid things, as though the world was against me or was just too hard to live in. Since taking Sertraline, this has completely gone and I feel amazing. You should maybe see if anxiety medication can solve the problem first, but either way I would talk to you GP. xxx

• Posted

mood swings can be linked to depressive illnesses or maybe other categories of mental health problem too.

Richard

• Posted

A friend of mine had the same issue you did and she tired something called Effexor and really helped her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.