can anxiety mimic some health conditions

Posted , 4 users are following.

I know this might sound stupid but has anyone ever thought they have a serious disease calls guilian barre syndrome ? Can anxiety mimic this ? Anyone ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can mimic anything, if you research symptoms then you'll convince yourself you've got anything
  • Posted

H rachel, yes I convinced myself i had that or Ms due to some strange symptoms. I wont list as then you may get them too!! But have been on setraline for about 6 weeks and it is really helping. Mayb something to discuss with your doc? Hope you feel better soon too.
    • Posted

Hwy keckie cud you pm me when you get a chance thank u xx
    • Posted

I have to apologise as I didn't see the above post until now when I started looking at my past posts. I'll pm you now and I hope to hear that things are better smile

• Posted

Guillain-Barré syndrome is mild compared to some of the illnesses I thought I had. Have you ever heard of people suffering with phantom pain? It's when someone loses a limb yet they can still fell pain were the limb once was. Even tho anxiety is cruel,it's also amazing. I've seen my muscles contract involuntarily,I'd be sitting watching TV and my calf would starting pumping,and it would last for hours. So yes Rachel,anxiety can mimic Guillain-Barré syndrome, in fact,I bet there's very few illnesses out there that anxiety can't copy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.