Can anxiety symptoms last all day, days on end?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive always been an anxious person but i have never experienced these symptoms in my life. About 2 weeks ago i had chest pain when i turned over in bed to get my daughter to feed and thought nothing of it. Then i kept getting them the next day and went to er, all test came back normal. Now its been 2 weeks and i dont really feel the chest pain no more but for a week ive not been myself. Everyday all day i feel dizzy, when i clean my daughters room i dont even wanna stand, my ears feel like theyre ringing, my head feels heavy and like my ears are going to pop. Its scary. I have never had panic attacks before and now eveynight i wake up at night shaking, my chest beating, and a horrible fear. Before this all happened nothing stressful was going on, thats why im afraid something bad is happening to my body. How can i just BAM have all these symptoms all day.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shiann smile

Firstly, have a little read through other users posts about being dizzy, that helped me. Like you I didn't believe this was anxiety as it feel so real, physical and makes you feel unwell. But many people have these symptoms with severe anxiety, myself included.

I would recommend you see your GP first to be safe. They can ease your mind and maybe make some suggestions. It's always best to check any health fears with a doctor, I believe. Once you are given the all clear then you need to try and accept...which is harder said than done at times, but can be accomplished.

After your appointment and if your symptoms persist, I would recommend counselling. Sometimes we are not always aware of WHY we are anxious even when there is perfectly good reason. They can help you to see it.

• Posted

Just wondering how old your daughter is. Could you possibly have postpartum?
    • Posted

I think u should talk to your ob/gyn. You very well could have postpartum. My daughterinlaw had it after my grandson was born. Definitely worth looking into. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.