Can any one give advice reguarding second opinion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good evening all. Can anyone give me advice please. I have cs and bilateral fs moderate.

My last visit to CBT nurse I asked some questions about the pain i'm in. Ie cold tingling in legs or arms, constant pain in lower back and hips which is made worse with walking loss of balance. All she said was that they are called sympathetic pains. Oh and to change meds again. I'm in two minds as to should I ask for second opinion or go with what as been said.

Has anyone else been told they have sympathetic pains?.

Sorry to go on and thank you for talking time to read this. šŸ˜Š

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi paula

I dont know about them been "sympathetic" pains but what you say it does happen with cs loss of balance/tingling in arms/legs and lower back pain also pain in neck what does your GP say? If i were you i would go to see your GP and ask just whatĀ theĀ nurseĀ  means when she said about the pains being sympathetic and if you are not happy aks to see someone else. Because all the symptoms are associated with cs. I hope you have luck getting the answers dont for get you can always ask to see some one else good luck hun and keep posting

jeanetterolleyes

• Posted

I'd agree with Jeanette's reply. Ā I've never heard of any referred or radiated pains being referred to as 'sympathetic'. Ā Don't even know what that's supposed to mean. Ā I think you should seek second opinion, Ā from your GP or from a physiotherapist, Ā before taking any meds. Ā Perhaps the nurse isn't really familiar with C/S, Ā and you are entitled to a clear explanation before committing to anything.
  • Posted

Thanks for advice everybody. Back to dr's next week. So will see whats said. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.