Can any one help!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i had gallbladder removal surgery nearly a year ago but i still suffer with same pain and vomiting had a 3 day attack thats just ended does anyone know why i mean its not there anymore so why do i still suffer??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

There can still be stones in the bile duct which can prevent the pancreas from releasing its enzymes. The build up inflames the pancreas and it feels like a gallbladder attack. Alternatively you may be suffering from acid reflux or irritable bowel syndrome. You should really get a doctor to take a look and figure out whats happening.
  • Posted

You should have your dr take a second look,,, have stones as mentioned in previous post.  get on that and let us know
  • Posted

Tasha may I'm sorry to hear your suffering. So many of us are after this operation. Unfortunately we aren't told by the doctors of the long term side effects of this operation. Are you vomiting bile at all? It could be bile reflux which is also common after gallbladder removal. If you tried ant acid medication and it doesn't work it could be bile reflux. Also could be a stone as previously said by others. Have you seen a gi doctor at all? X
  • Posted

I had mine removed 14 months ago. Just like you, I suffered for a year. In the past year I've had so many tests and tried so many meds, nothing helped, I still had flare ups, like you. About two months ago I had the worst one, it lasted seven days and I had to go to the DR. They told me to try taking the nexium again and my GI Dr put me back on reglan. He also put me on nortriptyline, an anti depressant that helps with nausea. I only took the reglan till I started eating again. Long story short, first thing when I get up I take nexium. Last thing at night I take nortriptyline. And for two months I haven't had any nausea! Twomonths ago I could have written your post. You may have to try the same med more than once. Also, research things that are bad on your esophagus, acid reflux and stick to low acid and low fat. Good luck to you, Tasha May. Hope you get some relief soon.
  • Posted

Could be IBS or acid reflux. I would definitely go back to your Dr.

I had gallbladder removed 3 weeks ago.

Have been on Buscopan and Omeprazole since January.

Have now come off Buscopan and am reducing and coming off Omeprazole.

But my GP (who wanted me to try coming off both of them) said I can go back to her if I am having problems. This is what you need to do.Do not suffer in silence.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.