Can anybody confirm if these are genital warts?

Posted , 3 users are following.

imageI have always been able to feel a line on the edge of my vulva which feels slightly more bumpy than the surrounding area, for as long as i can remember. Never really examined too closely, just figured it was possible scar tissue from giving birth, i was cut to allow room for ventouse. Now however I noticed whilst showering a few days ago that it felt more prominant and after looking closer have noticed these lumps. They don't feel itchy or sore, just different to my 'normal'. Are these genital warts and could I have always have had them without knowing? If so then why are they bigger all of a sudden? Keen to get this looked at by a doctor but dont want to make any unnecessary trips if i can help it.image

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hi I,

These are just vulvar/vestibular papillomas (Google), not genital warts. You don't need to worry about them and no treatment is necessary.

Rgds,

Adhari

• Edited

Hi, thankyou so much for your quick reply.

I was really hoping that would be the case! I have been googling the last couple of days trying to find images of both genital warts and vp, but couldnt see anything like this.

Do you have any idea why they have suddenly got to this size? I am 36 years old with 1 child who is 11, no history of std, am not on any contraceptive and have been with the same partner for 15 years. My menstrual cycle is normal and regular as clockwork.

Thanks

• Posted

are you able to get VP on the outside of your inner labia as well as inside? i have a very similar thing and i am sure it isnt warts as it doesn't have a cauliflower appearance and i have been vaccinated however, i often see people on here saying VP only occurs on the vestibule? thanks!

• Posted

Hi Charlie,

You'd have to post some photos for us to comment on.

Adhari

• Posted

okay thanks, do you know how possible it is for you to get warts if you have had all the gardasil vaccines at school age?

• Posted

The best you can do is read the FUTURE II paper (Google "doi: 10.1136/bmj.c3493") on vaccine efficacy in a study of 17,622 women reported in 2010.

The authors found that in susceptible subjects (i.e. women with no prior history of warts), that the vaccine was 99% effective (confidence interval 96% to 100%) at preventing infection caused by the vaccine HPV types 6 and 11.

Adhari

• Posted

Sorry, missed your question.

No, I can't explain why they are more obvious now.

Adhari.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.