Can anybody help identify what these lumps are in the back of the throat?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been getting a sore throat often, and I've noticed these areas in the back of the throat. Can anybody help identify if they are normal or abnormal? There are two lumpy masses on the side of the back of the mouth (circled red), and there also seems to be some small lumpy textures directly at the centre of the back of the throat (circled green). Is this normal or could these be signs of HPV. Am I worrying too much?!

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

i have the same problem. did you find out what it is?

• Posted

A few years ago I felt a lump in the throat but could not see it.

I saw an ENT who placed a camera down my throat (with anaesthesia) and saw

what it was and prescribed medications to shrink it.

Bottom line: do not guess and do not delay. See an ENT for a definitive answer.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.