Can anybody with DD help me with undestanding possible symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody.

I'm Brian, I'm now 35 and quite new to all this and was wondering if any body could just help me understand things and help ease my mind a little.

Now I will go back to January 2014 I got sick, some kind of virus, then my stools turned mushy then left side abdominal discomfort, I went to the GP and after loads of Blood work and a Endoscopy (horrible) I had stomach and duden ulcers, I was run down and ached, DR said because of my symptoms I had IBS.

I had it under control with a couple of bad episodes where I could not get off the toilet but other than that OK then The left side discomfort came back in 2016, I had a stool test and it all came back clear.

Now about 2 weeks ago I went to the toilet and there was blood on the paper and on stool not a lot but not a small amount which was also kind of sticky if you get what I mean, it was red blood the kind of color from a nose bleed, no pain yet. just a strange itchy feeling after.

I went to my GP she put her finger up my bum and said I had a small hemorrhoid, I thought okay made sense with the itching, then on Sunday 2nd December It felt like I was struck down with a sudden bug or something, Felt cold to the bones in my legs and back, shivering in bed like never before, from then to now

I don't feel so bad just lower back and left pelvic area and leg ache, left side abdomen lower to bottom of ribs, feels discomfort and kinda sore and lower tummy feels same, when I need to pee it's Urgent.

December 7th went to toilet twice and in both times Blood was present, more than before not like a murder scene but enough to to shake me up, no pain other than above.

Went to the hospital in crazy fear, Bloods clear, Temp normal and I have a UTI, finger up bum again and nothing, really nice DR sent a Colonoscopy request to my DR to get things sorted out.

Now I am scared to death of the worst but reading through things my symptoms to me! read like DD, I have my Colonoscopy in a couple of weeks and I am so nervous, I know you can't diagnose me, but if this sounds a lot like your symptoms it could help me a little and help me not keep jumping to the big C.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm no expert. But it does sound like diverticulitis. You can have this without a temperature. I know. It happened to me. I had a massive abcess too after an infection and my bloodwork was normal! . I know its hard not to worry. Hope it all goes well. Let us know.

• Posted

Hi

I think it's a good thing you are going to have a colonoscopy, as you will get a definitive answer in a quick time (for the NHS). It's not the most pleasant of experiences but essential and will hopefully give you peace of mind. Of course you are going to be scared - I was too, as I did just the same as you. Rushed to A&E with passing frank red blood and sent for a colonoscopy then a barium enema within a couple of week. That's when I got the DD diagnosis, having been told for years it was IBS, due to my age. 35 is young for DD, but some people are actually born with diverticula.

Frank red blood as you have described is typical for haemorrhoids or a bleeding diverticulum. The location of the pain is most common for Diverticular Disease. Also UTI and bladder problems are an issue with DD. When you have an attack of Diverticulitis, chills and fever are also signs. It is possible to have DD with other bowel issues, like IBS, colitis but the camera will identify the problem.

This forum will give you loads of information when you are ready for it. As an aside, you mentioned ulcers. My brother had duodenal and stomach ulcers for years. and asked to be tested for HBP (Heliobacter Pyloris). It was positive, he took a 2 week course and had virtually no problems after. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Rhiannon_5000 and felinia

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I know it's not a diagnosis but getting to hear from people who have DD and understanding symptoms that you have related to mine really helps, I just want to get my colonoscopy done so I can get answers and treatment.

I will ask about that HBP test and I will keep you updated in January when I have my colonoscopy.

Again thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.