can anyone advice on prolapse

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been struggling for two years with digestive problems, swelling stomach, mild chronic gastritis that I can't shift, mild inflammation in bowel but this terrible constant abdominal pain. I've been popping ant acids like smarties, they haven't helped at all. Eventually went to see a surgeon gastro Dr who thinks I might have a pelvic floor prolapse. The only way I can explain this is when I was under a tremendous amount of stress something dropped/pulled in my abdomen, like I strained myself internally. Since that day my life has changes. Aside from bloating constantly and urinating all the time, I can't lift, bend have intercourse do any exercise, my periods are just awful, I could chew the heads off kittens, and I love kittens.. It feels that awful but it mainly affects my stomach and right side. Im not sure if it is a prolapse as I have no constipation but he said it could be anywhere in the abdomen. Anyone have a similar experience? Any feedback would be so gladly received. Thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mutley

Your symptoms you describe don't really sound like a prolapse bladder. Do you feel any buldge down in the vagina area or do you feel something like a ball coming out of your private area? Do you feel a dragging sensation or back ache. The chronic gastritis you describe sounds more like acid reflux. Do you have acid come back up the back of your throat, stomach bloating is another symptom of acid reflux.  You said you have been suffering for two years with digestive problems and swelling in the stomach. I have never heard of a prolapse bladder causing any swelling in the stomach.

However, I do have a solution you may want to try first to see if your problem is acid reflux. My mother and I both have acid reflux and it acts up when our food does not digest properly. This happens when we do not stay on a good diet of vegatables, fruit and proper eating. So when it acts up we use a natural remedy that works all the time. It is organic apple cidar vinigar. You have to go to the health food store to get it. You need to buy the organic.

After lunch, you mix one teaspoon of apple cidar vinegar into 8 ounces of warm water, stir and drink with a straw. Then do this again after supper, mix one teaspoon of apple cidar vinegar into 8 ounces of water, stir and drink. It doesn't taste good, so start by drinking just a little after lunch or supper to first see if it works for you. You have to use a straw so it doesn't stain your teeth.

Now, what people don't realize when they have acid reflux is they think they have too much acid in their stomach when in fact they DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ACID IN THEIR STOMACHS TO DIGEST THEIR FOOD AND THATS WHY THEY HAVE BURNING COME BACK UP THE BACK OF THEIR THROAT AND STOMACH ISSUES from undigested food. Just go to google and type in the words "Does Apple Cidar Vinegar" help treat acid reflux (gerd) and you will see what it says. It is one of the best home natural remedies you will find for acid reflux. I think if you try to deal with your digestive problem first and see what happens, you can then be more clear about if there is an addition problem of prolapse bladder. Hope this helps you.

Blessings to you

Lynn

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi Lynn

Thank you for coming back to me. No I don't have acid coming up the back of my throat, I have terrible swelling of the abdomen. Have tried ACV and been to see a dietician but its the pelvic pressure that's causing me problems. I cant feel anything intruding. Surgeon thinks its high up in my abdomen. I don't eat I swell, I exercise I swell, go to bed I am in pain. There is no relief or remission from this pain. If it was acid reflux or heartburn I wouldn't have a eusophacus at this rate. The pain is in the right side upper area, presses on my bladder. Stopped antacids now, finally I can wear a bra. I don't think they helped. My Dr thinks there is an underlying problem here but not life threatening just chronically painful.

• Posted

I tried to answer you but I mentioned a brand name of a natural remedy for acid reflux which sounds like something you may have regarding your chronic digestive problem. I will wait and see if the moderator prints my answer or not. If he does not, I will have to answer you again without mentioning brand names of natural remedies. Sorry moderator.

Lynn

• Posted

First of all thank you Emis for removing the name of the brand and allowing the rest of my answer to be read by Mutley. Mutley, what about gall bladder? Have you had your gall bladder checked and other organs such as bowel etc. Just trying to think of things that are up in the right upper part of the body. what about a colonoscopy?

Lynn

Lynn

• Posted

Hi there, I have cystitis and gastritis whiich flare up when I have had something acidic.  The ACV post is right, it does give more acid if  you are low.  Also have you tried Aloe Vera Juice - it reduces inflammation in both cystitis and gastritis.  I also take Silicol Gell which binds to your stomach to line it and keep out toxins and also removes harmful toxins.  I use Manuka honey also.  I take, a teaspoon odf 10+ Manuka with a tablespoon of the Gell and a tablespoon of Aloe Vera together in a little warm water.  I do it morning and evening, sometimes three times a day and I take a probiotic morning and evening, plus a small pot of live bio plain yoghurt before bed.  I have just seen off my gastritis successfully again and it was really painful in my left side.

I must say gallbladder is seeming likely to me, my friend has a problem with it and has the swelling and pain in the right side like you. 

Keep trying to find something, I found PPI's of the doc for the gastritis did nothing for me and too many ant acids are not good as they nick calcium out of your bones after a while.  So I did my research and have found this to be wonderful.  Have you tried any of what I have used?

Regards

Gwennie

• Posted

Thank you Gwen, it the same with me, 2 cysts but gallbladder is fine. Went for swab today, the pain was excruciating and nurse wants me to see gyno. She said there is something not right going on. Although I know its not serious as have had a scan but there could be a prolapse there. In one way I hope so to end this misery but on the other hand it might not be. Oh dear. Good to hear you've cleared your gastritis. Did you use PPI's. They actually started this whole thing off with the acid rebound. I'm off them now but I feel some days like I would swallow a pack just to get this pain to stop.
  • Posted

Oh dear hun - this sounds really horrendous - PPI's did nothing for me - but if u r havinjg acid reflux/gastritis, please try what I have suggested - it has worked wonders for me - but this sounds like more than acid - something going on that your tum is telling you - but you can heal  yourself naturally with soo many things - once u have a diagnosis u can tackle it - that means anything.  I have sorted out so many problems naturally for me and hubs and friends - it is amazing what you can do for your body by eating the right kind of foods to cure everything - dont give up u have the power to tackle this crap - and it will end - you are in charge and will get to the end, 

Keep going honey

Gwennie x

• Posted

Oh thank you Gwenni,

There is always a kind positive person out there.

I will give it a go.

Bxx

• Posted

Just  checking in - no kittens I hope!!!!  Really feel for you - when are you  booked in for further testing - where are you - I am in England and things move pretty quick here on the NHS - 2 YEARS is just not acceptable x
    • Posted

I'm in North Wales, the beautiful Snowdonia where the NHS is on meltdown. I am going on 17th to see consultant. Decided to pay. We are very unfortunate in our area for medical help, lack GP's, our local hospital is dire, and yet here we are in the most beautiful part of the country and we have no DR's amazing. Having said that we have no shops to boot. Ohhh dear. Lots of kittens....
    • Posted

Hi Mutley.

I was doing a search and I came across this chat.

I have very similar symptoms.

I was wondering if you did finally get a diagnosis and a treatment plan?

I am undergoing investigations at the moment but they have not yet going anything that would explain the severity of my symptoms..

• Posted

Hang on till then - I am in Manchester and our GP surgery is good - meltdown is not ok - ongoing pain will drive you crazy - just hang in there now - I'm sure someone on here is going to recognise your symptoms and come up with something you can maybe present to your consultant. 

Come on peeps ?

Keep us posted hun

Gwenni xxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.