Can anyone give me some input please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello! I've been going through craziness for a little over 2 months now I think. I'm 22 and so worried. I've got this persistent swollen lymph node in my neck. At first it was a little tender and now it's not. It's a decent size. Not outwardly noticeable. I got scans on my chest and neck a month or so ago and the doctor said my chest was clear and my neck had a couple swollen nodes. He didn't think it was anything to worry about. My tsh was high so I went to an endo but my tests came back fine. My doctor thinks my thyroid could be sputtering because at the time of my blood tests I felt good. I seem to have flare ups.. I was feeling better about it and more confident that I have fibro with hypothyroid. But now I'm terrified because a few days ago my chest started hurting and I'm slightly short of breath. I have an ENT appointment in three days and it can't come faster. I think I'm going to just demand a biopsy. I can't take the worrying anymore. I have strange symptoms like chest pain, chest tender to touch, rib pain with ribs tender to touch, neck aches, I get bad pains in my thighs and sometimes armpits. I've felt around in my armpits and can't find any swollen lymph nodes. I know I have one or two in my groin that seem to shrink and grow with flare ups because when I feel good they don't ache. But when I feel bad they do ache. In the beginning of this I was having tingling in my extremities. I also have TMJ so I've been getting migraines which isn't too uncommon for me. I'm just worried because these lymph nodes don't hurt to touch and the chest pains are freaking me out. Also, I'm just constantly wondering because all of my symptoms consist with so many different things.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

I am a 70 yo. male who has had a long association with NHL Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

It began with swollen nodes in my neck. No pain. I had all of the blood tests which revealed nothing at all.

Then I had a FNA (fine needle aspiration) which sealed the diagnosis. I was lucky, because not all FNA's are accurate.

As a further confirmation, I had some nodes biopsied from the neck area, from there the rest is history.

I have previously put my story on this site and you can look if you wish.

My advice to you is to keep positive, see your doctors and work with them. If you are not happy with their performance get another opinion.

Until you get a positive diagnosis try not to stress yourself, I know it's hard but it is quite important for you to stay focused.

When you are talking with you medical teams, ask about everything that is not clear for you, or ask them to put it in plain English.

I wish you good luck and I would like to follow your progress on this site.

Best regards.

• Posted

You need to not worry about all these symptoms appearing at one time. As far as your chest pain it doesn't sound like it would be much of a concern. Chest pain that is sharp and hurts with touch isn't really much of a concern. I would think that your anxiety and  worrying about all these new symptoms is actually causing you new ones. Swollen lymph node's are common, this is the way the body moves out infection and other things that it perceives as toxic. Blood test which will be done by your doctor will explain the reason for the swollen nodes, and any other infections that may be causing your minor aches and pains in other regions of your body. Reduce your stress by exercising and staying hydrated and getting good sleep.. This will not only reduce your anxiety it will promote your immune system. Don't worry about this little pain here, or the lymph node thats swollen here that will drive you crazy., the less you worry the faster you will heal. Follow up with your doctor's, they will run the necessary test to find a proper diagnosis. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.