can anyone help?

Posted , 7 users are following.

i went to the doctor yesterday and i have little fluid in my ear and its causing me vertigo im not taking the pills she gave me because i dont do good with pills and i battle anxiety so stuff like that makes me nervous. has anyone done any home treatment or bought ear drops for this? if so please let me know or anything i can do to help this she gave me vertigo pills but again the side effects are horrible and she gave me allergy pillsĀ 

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The fluid could have caused a crystal to float around causing the vertigo. The doc could have atleast did a halpike/ epely menuever to try to move it. I seen with some people once the fluid is gone, or infection, the vertigo stops. Hope this is the case with yours.
    • Posted

did you ever have this probem? if soo did anything help like self help if you did any or some type of ear drops?
    • Posted

Been dealing with it for 11 years. Fluid or infection makes it worse. Sinus infection going to my ears makes it worse. Was told it was bppv years ago. In August it got alot worse. Episodes of vertigo every day. Been to every ologist you can think of. All the tests. Half still say bppv. Others think menieres. Left ear loss of vestibular response. Have to travel up north to a neurotologist now to see what can be done. Can't drive, can't work.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this. I know what you mean, i too have done similar/same as you for 6 years. Imjust had a cold and now thats mostly cleared up i'm all over the place!  Let us onow how u get on.

• Posted

Riding in the car for 15 minutes is so bad. Not sure how I will be able to stand a ride over a hour. Then back home.
    • Posted

Hello, Did you have a sinus infection or a cold, any respiratory infection before this? I had a sinus infection right before it. I thought I was getting better in summer 2013 but it worsened again Sept 2013 and still not back to as well as I was in that summer of 2014. I saw my neuro otologist in December and he did absolutely nothing and said it fluctuates. I am planning to set up an appointment with a new doctor. Do you also get derealization where it feels like you're not with reality and like your head is far away from things and people?

• Posted

Usually it's a sinus infection triggers it. This time it came out if the blue. Wont let up

• Posted

With fluid in the ear, was otitis media (middle ear infection) implied, or fluid in the inner ear, like Meniere's Disease?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

Hello, If it's fluid in the ear causing the vertigo, ask for something that will dry it up. That should help out. If your doctor gave you a pill, it might be anti-dizziness pills. Hopefully it clears up soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.