Can anyone help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I had an ankle fusion last April but my foots never felt right. I suffer from OA and went back to the consultant that fused my ankle as l thought it was maybe the screws. But he had xrayed it and the fusion was fine. So l left lt another 4 months and my foot got worse. It was swelling up. And getting a shoe on was hard and sore. I went to GP and got xrays done. He has told me l need more surgery as l have it across the top of foot and in big toe. Does anyone know what they will do in the surgery. Will it be more fusions?? Any info would be great.

Thanks

Lors

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would get another opinion or 2 from experts in that area before more surgeries- 
  • Posted

Hi Lors,

Def sounds like you should get a second opinion.   If you are in that much pain then something if def wrong. 

Good luck!

Rose

• Posted

Hi Rose that was 2 opinions as l was with Bupa as l got it as a benifit from work. Not got it anymore. But l seen the consultant from Bupa who told me the same. Infact he told me when l had my ankle fusion that he could see it moving up my foot. And l went back to him just before l had to give up my job and again xrays and he said it was not the screws causing the pain it was OA. Then l went to my local GP last week and he sent me to hospital for xrays. And came back with the same that l had ostioarthritis up my foot and in my big toe.

I have bad OA as had both hips both knees replaced since 2015. Then an ankle fusion last april. I actually can feel my other ankle starting to get sore. I would understand if when l got it l was really overweight but l was not. I was really active and enjoyed walking and went 2 holidays a year to Cyprus and we walked all the time round and about places and up the coast as we are not sunbathers. But in the last year l have put on so much weight as l can't execise. I hate how l look. Am trying now to lose weight. But its hard when you can barely walk.

Thanks Rose & Flowergirl x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.