Can anyone help age 33 ? After suffering "panic attacks

Posted , 1 user is following.

Can anyone help age 33 ? After suffering "panic attacks" in the night, waking up turning the light on, going back to sleep, waking up turning the light off again etc.... then lying in bed fealing like i am going to faint with tingiling arms and hands and with my head spinnin not being able to catch my breath.. I finaly viisited the doctors i saw a locom who prescribed me 20mg fluoxetine. Now im not sure if i should take them as im not depressed i am happy in my life with money, kids and a good husband. I am scared incase it all goes wrong..... If you know what i mean.... I'm not sure what to do and would appreciate some suggestions from people with experience of this.

[i:87fb46734e]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:87fb46734e]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure from what you describe as you symptoms that a drug (any drug) is the best treatment, really). Fluoxetine may help, but is really going to be treating the cause? I'm not a doctor, so don't avoid or proceed with a treatment based on what I say, but I do urge you to go and get as many opinons as you can before continuing with a course of action. This applies to all things you don't know much about including Fluoxetine...

[i:2920d88e92]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2920d88e92]

• Posted

sounds to me like you have anxiety or some stress. it can happen to the happiest of people, as read on this site,and without warning. i think that most people have some form of stress illness at some time or other. go and see you GP and ask for more information. they are there to provide a service for you and answer your questions. if your unsure then go and see the gp.

dont be scared

best wishes

[i:0ccde44d48]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:0ccde44d48]

• Posted

I have had rescue remedy for anxiety. Camomile T. Natural is best as a help supoort to have @ hand. G P can give medical information.

[i:5aeb3a074a]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:5aeb3a074a]

• Posted

Hi, I went onto Oxactin for the very same reason, and it really helped me. You don't always know you are suffering from stress. I love my partner, and am happy, but I suffer panic attacks too. It all goes back to my past. The tablets help you calm down. If the doctor has perscribed them, I would take them. If they don't work, then ask if you can stop. I think you will feel better in the long run.:D:D:D

[i:6aead3ad7f]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:6aead3ad7f]

• Posted

I have been suffering anxiety and panic attacks and have just started fluoxetine. I previoulsy took velafaxine which really helped but stopped them too soon and my symptoms came back.

Like you i am very happy at home but have alot of pressure at work even though i dont feel stressed.

if your doctor has prescribed them i would take them, they will help.

[i:170127dc19]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:170127dc19]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.