Can anyone help I'm new to this page

Posted , 5 users are following.

I went to my dr today with this symptom

Take me long time to sleep/no sleep/ very tired

All my body hurts all the time but mainly my back and neck

Get really really bad headaches

Some time my speech can be very slow like ive bin drinking

I had really bad headache period which I had a hysterectomy because off them

All this started about 3 years ago when my gran die very suddenly and it's bin getting worse over the yrs. any way my dr put me on amitriptyline to treat for fibromyalgia. And taken some bloods to rule out anything else. My question is dose it sounds like I have FIBROMYALGIA A many thanks for your support

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with Fybro 4yrs ago after my daughter in law died suddenly, I get pain from had to toe. I also suffer with Polymyalgia which is pain in head, neck, shoulder & lower back. When your Dr diagnosed you with Fybro they normally press points on your body to if if it's painfull , it's suppose to be the way they can diagnose it. I'm 60 yrs old had hysterectomy at 36yrs old because of heavy periods aftbabybbut it was'nt anything to do
    • Posted

jan...i read your post to kelly...i have had fibro for about 15 years, but a couple of years ago i was so bad, i had to see a rheumatologist while in florida on vacation...he pressed...here and there and called them trigger points...then he gave the diagnosis of 'myofascial pain syndrome' , to what i understand is even more painful than fibro...so i guess i have both.....
  • Posted

Sorry! Pressed reply to early. Was saying hysterectomy is'nt the course of you Fybro, but your symptoms sound like Polymyalgia. Hope you get sorted quick. Good Luck!!!!!
  • Posted

Hi kelly0509 it does sound like fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed four years ago with this and chronic fatigue syndrome. No one knows what causes it as it is a fairly new illness in medical terms. I'e been on amitriptyline now for a few months and my sleep pattern is improving. All i can say is hang in there with the right mix of medication it is manageable.
  • Posted

could very well be fibro...i have had aches and pains for about 15 years now...i am using a cane and walker all the time...so take of yourself and get plenty of rest...i used to use Tylenol PM to sleep at night...my dr. just gave me Lorazepan but i can only take half the dose the whole pill is still in my system in the morning...I think i like the tylenol PM better as it helps with the aches and pains as well as sleep.

good luck, i also use hotwater bottle and also another hot.w.bottle i keep in the freezer all the time so i can use 20 min. heat then 20 min freeze , it helps my sore muscles. 

• Posted

Hi the only reason I had the hysterectomy is because I had very pain and heavy bleeding. 

I'm only 29 and the pain in my body whole body is unreal I don't have any energy at all so just wanting to know could this be fibromyalgia x 

• Posted

hi kelly..when did you have your hysterectomy...i can tell you it takes up to 6 months for your body to heal. did you have your ovaries out as well, if so ...your natural hormones are gone and your body may feel the consequences , like it is missing nutrients....i had a hyster. when i was 49 , i went cold turkey and took NO hormone replacement....i think now maybe i should have and thats why my body has broken down in the form of fibro....or at least made it worse as i had fibro about 5 years before the surgery....good luck to you..rest rest rest.
  • Posted

Hi I had my hysterectomy I year ago but I had all the symptoms before fibromyalgia before. So I still don't understand what's going on lol 

• Posted

hi kelly, it took a year and a half for me to be diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well as the chronic fatigue syndrome as well as sticky blood syndrome. i know how frustrating it is not being given an answer or a diagnoses for what your going through. believe me when you do get an answer it may not answer all your questions. all i can say is hang in there and good luck, i will always be on here should you need to chat about anything. ive found this forum to be a great source of comfort and help with talking to people with the same problems.
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,

:-) When was about 38, took a really sore shoulder, then a my back, especially between my shoulders. Had all MRI scans. Nothing showed up. My mother suffered from Fybro. I work full time but had to cut my hours down to 30 hrs a wk due to the Fybro. I'm on Amitriptyline 10MG, I take 3 them at night, to help me sleep. But I'm also on BuTrans Patches, 20 MG, change once a wk. I also started going threw the change of life at 38 yrs. Doing a bit of research, Menopause & Fybro go hand in hand. Kelly, Spasm's in my back, arms, legs, are really annoying. Sleep pattern up the left.Not nice girl xox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.