Can anyone help me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

:roll: Hi, after a really good day, I had an extremely bad night, right back to square one!

My partner told me that me and my condition (whatever!) makes me complete hell to live with( for him and the children!).

Now, without his support Im never going to get through all this rubbish in my head. Sometimes I think alll men should be sterilised, hey god, it worked for my cat! (Sorry guys!!!).

The stuff that really bothers me cannot go on this website, for fear that some animal will play games with my allready messed up head. At the moment I think a whole packet of citalopram will do , but then again, I have to mAKE IT TO MY DAUGHTERS FIFTH BIRTHDAY, she is an angel, and doesn't deserve a sh...t mum like me!!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi there i have bin on these tablets for 7 yrs and had to come off them as theyve stopped working i put on over 3 stone when taking them and i am having hell coming off them hope they work for you i went through wat ur going throug and it does get easier hun contact me if u need anymore info
  • Posted

I've been taking Citalopram since June - and although it helps me most of the time - I can't say it always does - I feel myself sliding backwards and there is nothing I can do about it - and then I am back to square one - possibly worse as I get frustrated by the fact that I've been able to do nothing to stop it, and then wonder how often it's going to happen.

I have recently separated from my husband (unrelated issues) and have very limited support during the bad times (the separation was a good thing for me - and I did improve a lot once he moved out) but you just need to keeo in your mind that someone - in your case - your daughter NEEDS you in her life - no matter how you feel about yourself - she loves and needs you - especially at such a young age.

Are you having counselling or anything alongside your medication?

It would help if you could talk to someone you have no emotional attachment to - you'll get a more objective view and will feel more supported by them.

I'm lucky I have a friend who has been through depression - and come out the other side - it's been nice to hear some honest opinions rather than just from the people who say - you'll be fine, just snap out of it - possibly the most irritating sentence.

Would be happy to exchange email addresses if you think it could be of any help?

Lisa

• Posted

Hi Katy, I'm so sorry to hear Citalopram doesn't appear to be working for you. I was in exactly the same position as you, I hated living with myself and couldn't believe what I was putting my husband and two children (15 and 11) through. I was a complete nightmare. I knew what I was doing and saying, but couldn't help myself. I just shouted and screamed the whole time and felt I didn't even know who I was. It was as though I had been lost somewhere. I as frightened of starting the tablets but felt I had no choice as things were going from bad to worse. I have now been on Citalopram for two months and feel like the old me is beginning to shine through again. My husband has really noticed the difference and I have a much better relationship with my boys. It was so sad. I've stopped my panic attacks and am much more confident at work. I think you should stick with the tablets and, hopefully, the old you will begin to shine through again (she' in there somewhere!). Take care. Not sure if this will help you, but I hope it does.
  • Posted

Hi I've posted this reply elsewhere but it seems to apply to your case too. I've been taking Citolopram for over a year and I can only say STAY WITH IT. It took me nearly a month to start feeling any effect. Fight through the odd cycle, it does make you feel worse - often much much worse, but it's a great treatment, go back to your GP, let them help you, tell them honestly how you feel and be brave, it really will get better and as it slowly, slowly creeps in you don't even realise but you will get better. It works. be stromng as you can. I also was prescribed Propanalol for my anxiety (the Citolopram was for clinical depression). So maybe you want to talk to your GP about those.

I've put on some weight, but that's a small issue next to the gains with the drug. Oddly like the other posts I slipped back, but just tidied up my lifestyle a bit, better food, no booze, a bit more exercise and it seemed to pick me up - I've learnt not to get lazy with the Citalopram, don't miss days, change times or whatever. I really hope this helps - I'll be happy to share my experience by email with you if it helps. All the very best, Nik Coleman

• Posted

Hi people, thank you for all your kind words.

I don;t know what to do now. Citalopram makes me dizzy. I fell over the other night. bashed my head and had to go to hospital to get stitches, but I was too late and ended up getting paper seuchars on my head.

Otherwise, my feelings are definitely getting more positive, but I am too scared to change the drug i am on, due to the dizziness.

Can anyone offer me advice on this?

PS, thanks you LindyH, you have described me perfectly! I am glad to hear from you, as you sound exactly like me. I just want to be able to laugh with my children and start loving life again. (It's too short for these feelings to take over us!)

Thank you everyone, take care!

Katy smile

• Posted

Hi there, I am really feeling the best I have felt in a long time!

I did not think I could ever get out of that fenced in feeling, but yeah I am a paranoid android and one day these feelings will disapear, I hope. Anyway, 10 weeks and feeling much better! Good luck to you all! Just remeber that blood is thicker than water!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.