can anyone help me ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all , i'm 22 so as you can imagine im abit nurvas talking about my problems openly , i've had this problem after i stopped having the injection 2011 after my first child in 2010 ever since i've not been able to concive i'm married and me and my partner have been trying for two nearly three year to concive, my problem is i have a really cottage cheese lumpy pure white discharge it has a strong smell to it but a smell i could'nt explain!!, i myself think i am inferitial but i'm to.....redface don't know how to say a shy person to speak to doctors about my problems , i know it's stupid of me not to but i have a history of why i have the fear of speaking to people, just looking for some advice on what i can do do see if the smelly white stuff will go and to see if i can check if im infertile on my own ?!?!? many thanks in advance .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I don't want to be that person but you shouldn't be shy to talk to your doctor about things like this. That's why they are doctors and I always think when I go for an issue that, they probably have seen worse! I had a tampon stuck in me and I had to go to my gyno to get it out. I was horrified but, they told me it happens very often and it was better that I come in to get it out.

I am sure they will tell you something to do to go your discharge. It could just be a bad yeast infection but, I'm not sure. Good luck!

• Posted

Hi honey, it does sound a lot like bv and although it is hard for you i think going to the doctors first before trying any of the remedies on here is a good idea. They give you a weeks course of antibiotics if your results come back positive for bv and although for some people the antibiotics dont work they did for me and may for you! After taking them for a week after 4 months of bv i was and remain completely clear of it. I know youve said youre shy but honestly itll be over in no time at all. Their are many things you can try if you search through some of the BV discussions you'll see that, before using antibiotics i tried tea tree oil on a tampon which seemed to work for many people but not for me. Other ideas are vitiman c tablet inserted into your vagina over night something i never tried so id read up on the discussions. Please try see a doctor you could be cured in the next two weeks if so x
  • Posted

hey there sarah, i recently had to go to the doctors for what turned out to be a uti

personally im pretty shy

i prefer to go to a clinic for these situations rather then a family doc

tell them your problem they help you and you never have to see them again lol

best to get a profesional though dont try to take matters into your own could misdiagnos yourself also

• Posted

Hi Sarah.   No need to be shy around here.  We all have had something going on with our lady bits at one point or another...that's why we are here.  What you are describing sounds like classic symptoms of a yeast infection.  You can treat that over-the-counter with Monistat cream or ovules.  There are 1, 3 or 7 day treatments, depending on what you prefer (I personally think 3-day is the happy medium).  This treats most yeast infections.  If that doesn't clear things up, then it could be bacterial vaginosis or it could be a yeast infection that isn't susceptible to OTC treatment.  If that's the case, you'll have to see a gyne.  In the meantime, take a good probiotic!  Something that's geared towards women's health is best.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.