Can anyone help me figure out if this is thyroid or pots?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I figure some of you have a lot more knowledge than me on this issue since I have only had these symptoms for about a month and a half. I am hoping that if I show my symptoms here that someone may he able to tell me a little more about whtmat is going on and perhaps what I should do.

First off.

Tsh levels: .76

T4 free: 1.5

Thyroid antibody Tpo: 10

Thyroglobin Antibody: < 1.0

T3 Free: 3.1

B12: 666 (I am not a demon)

Vitamin E: 6.5

Folate: 10.72

D3: 35

I listed my blood tests for reference.

Symptoms as of today:

Elevated heart rate at rest: 85-95bpm sitting

Elevated heart rate when standing: 108-140

Hypertension when sitting: 135-150/80-90

Hypertension when standing that turns into hypotension the longer I stand and the higher my heart rate gets: 150/104 - 112/89

Constant warm/hot skin around my neck/upper chest

(Normal internal tempatures 97°-98)

Pounding heartbeat during digestion or after standing.

Palpitations(sometimes) when moving from standing tachycardia to sitting and sometimes when standing and taking a deep breath or bending over to grab something. Palpitation type: Skipping(fast beats then big thud then normal fast beats then pause then big thud 2-4x)

Jittery feeling after standing like too much caffine.

Tremor mostly internal, but sometimes visible in my fingers.

Cold feet and after standing sometimes cold fingers.

Muscle pain and twitching periodically through the day.(Thighs/ankle/upper back/pec muscle/left elbow)

Left arm ache sometimes when standing.

General tiredness, but some of the symptoms listed are at their worst at night.

Unexplained weight loss: Approx 1lb a week.

Lightheaded sometimes when standing.

Headaches periodically

Increased urge to urinate when supine

Any thoughts or diagnosis would be appreciated and considered!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very similar to pots. Do you ever pass out when you start shaking?
    • Posted

No, never.

I think the shaking has more to do with my adrenaline than with any low blood pressure.

I only shake visibly when after I get up to walk somewhere and it is my hands that shake.

I shake internally when I digest food and at times I can feel my heart vibrate after a pump.

I am coming to the conclusion that i don't have pots at all really, but hyperthyroidism with a possibly chronic Nitric Oxide deficiency.

I received some L-Citrulline and have begun taking it. It has lowered my bpm while sitting and decreased the amount my bpm shoots up when I stand. I also did another test of standing blood pressure and found that I do not drop low at all anymore, rather my systolic increases about 5-10 points and my diastolic goes up about 20 points and then fluctuates between 90-106. 

Before taking the L-Citrulline my resting heart rate sitting had gone up to 85-100. And 70-90 lying down.

It is now, taking L-Cit, back to 70-85 sitting and 60-80 lying down. Though my heart still races when I stand, it is mellowing out after about 60seconds at 120-130bpm.

• Posted

get heart problems ruled out first then push for a tilt table , sounds like autonomic dysfunction but could be a hormone(gland) problem 😃 also if you are having digestion problems get tested for a hernia as could be putting pressure on your vagus nerve and causing problems 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.