Can anyone help me out?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone!

This is quite a long story, so please bear with me!

Basically a year and a half ago I starting feeling very unwell suddenly. I woke up from a post-exam nap feeling very nauseous and had a very bad episode of diarrhoea and sulfur burps (like really loud and bad ones). Unfortunately, at the time I didn’t have medical insurance because I’m broke.

For two months in a row I would have bad case of cramps and diarrhoea with burps at night, and only manage to sleep in the early morning hours. This literally changed my life as I was living in the night and sleeping during the day because exhausted. I kept my diet to a minimum (bread and water) but at times it wouldn’t work.

As a result I put on a massive amount of weight.

After two months, the symptoms finally subsided and I started taking some probiotics and it seemed to work.

However, ever since then my stool has not been the same since. It is yellow and occasionally my stomach will have a lot of gas movement (like a boiling feeling) and would pass a lot of bad air. Plus, I noticed very tiny white seed-like things in it. It’s not worms because nothing like that has ever shown itself.

I never really thought of much because university takes over my life a lot and my parents, honestly, are not really of useful help.

A week and a half ago was another turning point. I ate some dodgy Chinese food and the symptoms all came back at once. Up all night with explosive diarrhoea, sulfur burps and serious cramping. I finally had insurance and contacted a doctor (now my current GP, which a year and a half ago was not easy to find as you need to register here and nobody was literally available).

I had blood tests and an ultrasound. I do not have gallbladder stones (what my doctor suspected). But now I’m anxious about my blood results. I’ve tried to go on a diet in the meantime but nothing seems to make me shed the weight.

Do you maybe have any insights?

Also, my blood tests are taking their time to arrive and its killing me. i had them done last monday..

Thank you!!

If you have any questions please do ask.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You should wait for the blood tests. Anxiety is common, but your symptoms don't look that bad. You should consider focussing on these points, as they do cause stomach issues :

1. Unhealthy lifestyle ( smoking, drinking, junk food, outside food ).
    2. Lesser intake of nutrients through healthy food. Results in weaker immunity.
    3. Stressful and busy lifestyle followed by very little sleep. Lesser sleep weakens immunity very badly, that do cause various issues gradually especially related to stomach.
    4. Consider giving time to 15 mins exercise/walk daily. This will also help you breaking up your anxiety and stress.
    5. Try to see if there are certain foods that cause flare-up ( bread, toast, tea, egg, milk ? )
    6. Check the sources of water you are having. The containers you are using.

The positive thing in your case is that these episodes are at least not continuous but frequent. But they are the alert signs that symptoms can get continuous if you are not putting your health on priority before your lifestyle, eating and sleeping habits.

If blood tests show stomach infection then only antibiotics can make things right. But exercise and sleep will help things put in some control.

You should avoid stuffs like tea,bread,biscuits, toast in my opinion. They caused flaring-up in my case.

• Posted

Hi mary75891

The white specs showing in your stool may indicate 'Stomach Candida' ask to be tested for it. It probably takes just a simple stool test....

• Posted

Wait for your blood test results which may give you answers. However, you can always phone your doctor to chase your blood tests up since you are worrying. The symptoms may have started as a result of exam stress; anxiety can upset the gut. A week doesn't seem that long to wait. I only waited 4 days for blood test results and started panicking after a shorter time period. Waiting for any length of time can cause anxiety. Keeping on chasing them up with my doctor helped me to feel less anxious. .

In the meantime, avoid rich spicy and fatty foods, avoid processed foods and cook from fresh. Stick to bland foods. Try a food diary to see if any food is triggering symptoms. Get plenty of sleep and try to stay as calm as possible. Try meditation or relaxation therapy.

• Posted

YOU KNOW THAT BREAD IS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SITUATION OR ALL DIARY PRODUCTS DOESN'T

HELP WITH WHAT YOU HAVE. I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH THIS FOR YEARS NOW. ALL THE ANTIBIOTICS DIDN'T WORK EITHER. JUST GO GREEN EAT LITTLE AND DRINK WATER BUT NOT TOO MUCH WHEN YOU JUST ATE. DRINK LARGE AMOUNT BEFORE MEAL AND LESS AFTER MEAL THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE BLOATING . STILL WORKING ON MINE SO IF YOU FIND YOUR RESULTS PLEASE STILL NEED SOME ADVICE.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.