Can anyone help me please ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello. im suffering from severe anxiety about the the corona virus so much to the point where im trembling everyday. i. taking 40mg of prozac which usually helps but sometimes i need something else aswell to help. i was taking xanax and the doctor took me off them for fear if addiction and prescribed lyrica instead. has anyone here taking these two medicines together and have they helped? Also any side effects to lyrica. is it ok to take with prozac ? thanks all

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

I have terrible anxiety brought on by the Pandemic too. I started self medicating with Benzos at first before switching to Pregabalin out of fear of Benzo withdrawal.

I am not on Prozac (may be in the next few days though) so I can't comment. I imagine that the two could potentiate side effects since both can affect balance, mood and sleep. That said it may not be a bad combo, I could see them being complimentary in fact. Bare in mind I am not a Dr or anything though.

Oh and BTW, stay away from Benzos. Any relief I got from them was very temporary and when I stopped the anxiety came back twice as bad.

• Posted

hi thanks for your reply. im wondering does it work like xanax ? is there any side effects. im a bit nervous about trying it

• Posted

Sorry for the late reply, I only just noticed the notification bell at the top of the screen.

In my experience Pregabalin does offer about the same relief as Xanax but it is just as addictive and comes with a "drunk" feeling and loss of motor control. I really, really encourage you to do therapy if you can because I am having a really hard time trying to wean myself off of this medication. I am down to just 37.5mg per night and even at this low a dose find it impossible to get off of. I am going down to 25mg per night next week and know I am going to be quite ill until my body gets used to the reduced dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.