can anyone help me re dose of 30mg mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone could I ask your advice  please ? Does anyone know if taking a 30mg tablet is the exact equivalent to taking 2 x 15mg tablets ...only i do the latter and not certain it is the same as my dr talks about 30 mg tablets helping more with anxiety and depression than the 15 mg tablet ... and 15 mg tabs helping with sleep ...all i know is that i'm constantly exhausted and do not seem to be able to get any relief from it at all ... Thanks for listening !

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I've recently switched from 30 mg tablets to two 15 mg tablets a night, to make it easier to reduce gradually. I have to be honest, I didn't notice any difference. Logic tells me that the dosage is exactly the same.
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for responding ...i changed to 2 x 15mgs to do exactly same as you ..try and reduce easier ..how are you gettin along ? Ive tried a few times to go to 22.5 mg but always go back up
    • Posted

Hi! I'm doing OK with reduction so far but I am taking it really slowly. When I did what the psychiatrist suggested, alternating 30 mg and 15 mg, I felt on edge and uncomfortable. So I came up with my own plan. First week, I chipped a quarter off one of the 15mg tablets, so took total approx 27mg, just one day of the week. Next week I took one and a half 15mg tablets, just one day again. Last week one and a half tablets two days in the week, next week it'll be three times in the week, and so on. When I',m on one and a half every day, then I'll reduce it further. As soon as I reduced it, I didn't sleep so well after the lower dose, but this week i've slept well, so my body must be adjusting to the change. I'm aiming to be down to 15mg every day by the time I see the psychiatrist again in July. I should stress that I am reducing it because I've been well for over a year, I think that makes a difference.
    • Posted

Hi Pixie u are doing great I'm same as u don't feel like I need them anymore they just leave me tired ....I have tried reducing to 22.5 for few weeks then to 15mg but I think I've prob rushed the process ...going to try again but much slower ...thanku
  • Posted

15mg will make you sleep more but you need to stick to one dose and also one brand. If you want to decrease your current dose make sure you're staying with the same brand.
    • Posted

Thanku so much for responding ..im with u re the brand ...ive had several diff brands over the years snd they dont work the same ..im going to stick with ghe 2x 15 mg tabs and attempt to reduce slowly ie 22.5 mg for a good few weeks ...
  • Posted

Hi

the lower dose will help you to sleep.  You could also take one at about 8-9 pm and the other before you go to bed.

• Posted

Thankyou Nessie ...i must admitt i am always worn out i was thinking the 2 x15mg tabs might be the cause but seems prob unlikely and the 30mg tab would b no different ...i do think i prob need to reduce them slowly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.