Can anyone help me with my ultrasound report . I have stomach pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

upper right quadrant pain

COMPARISON STUDY:

None

TECHNIQUE:

Grayscale imaging, pulse Doppler, and spectral imaging performed.

FINDINGS:

The visualized pancreatic head is unremarkable. Portions of the head body are scared by overlying bowel contents. Visualized liver appears within normal echogenicity. Visualized right kidney unremarkable.

Spleen volume 129 cc. Common bile duct 4 mm. The visualized aorta and inferior vena cava are patent.

IMPRESSION:

No acute finding. The gallbladder is not visualized which may relate to gallbladder contraction or removal of the gallbladder.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you are a person with a diseased gallbladder. That is your problem. Everything else is good.

• Edited

Well dear friend I am not a doctor or radiologist but after searching and reading various medical sites i can say that the term "unremarkable" means there's any significant abnormalities in the particular organs or parts. They are normal. The Liver is within normal echogenicity means the Liver fat is in normal limits. The Spleen volume is also within the normal range and the size of the bile duct is also normal. The aorta and vena cava are patent means the blood flow is normal. So means there's not any current abnormal finding. Other than that the bowel content part and gall bladder part is not understandable by me.

And please i will say again I'm not a radiologist so i can't surely say whatever i told is correct but atleast it is assuring as per what's written online. So see your physician and he will tell what's correct and what's not.

Best Wishes and take care. Do tell me what your gp tells you as i am also going to have an abdominal ultrasound next month.

Have a nice day!

• Posted

As per the previous persons response all looks good, It sounds like there may have been some gas or some poop in your bowels blocking the full visualization of the head of the pancreas. When you talk with your doc ask if that was the case . If this is the case, or even if it isn.t, it may be good to do a full ct scan using contrast to have a better look inside. Doing a gall bladder test is pretty easy as well, it is called a hida test and can be done as an outpatient. Even though the pain is on the right, still worth looking into. Even if the gall bladder looks ok on the scan it can still be under functioning. An endoscope, colonoscopy depending on what the doc thinks and your pain. Same questions, have you changed your diet recently, had any injuries, what kind of pain, constant, throbbing,.....is it still there. How long has it been going on....good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.