Can anyone help please

Posted , 6 users are following.

My partner has been going backwards and forwards to the GP with Psoriasis, he has had so many creams and tried herbal remedies but nothing seems to work , he has been offered some tablets but is really not keen on these due to the seriousness of the side effects .

Please can anyone recommend anything ? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Boy does Psoriasis itch and your partner has my sympathy.  My Dr sent me for a skin biopsy which helped treatment to go forward with appropriate cream so I would recommend that as a starting point before jumping to tablets.  In the meantime antihistamines reduce the itch and keeping the skin well creamed and moist can help with comfort.  I am not a doctor but these are my thoughts.  Best of luck.
  • Posted

There is a Baby moisturiser made by Childs Farm that a well known chemists sell which is meant to really good for psoriasis a 250ml is about  £3.99 ish . Many are raving about it.

see photo below. 

if you need more info private message me 

• Posted

Hi smile

Has he ever tried Elocon Cream? It really works. Do you live near the beach? Salt water is a miracle for it. Anything that will dry it out like salt water. Has his thyroid been checked? Now for me I got that checked and I was overactive and 3 months later mine got alot better the psoriasis. Tanning beds also. I know it sucks had it all my life but I have it under control. I make sure to use medicine cream everyday 2 times a day and you can barely see that I have it. I also do lay in the sun alot so thats also why it may of gone away

• Posted

Oilatum bath soak helps soothe the skin. Keep skin moisturized with a gentle non-perfumed lotion. Ointments are trial and error but the ones with Vit D in are ok. Check your diet, I know milk used to make me itch half an hour after having it with cereal. Diet is a big factor no matter what the GP's say, read about it online or get some books from the library. Another treatment is ultra violet light therapy, your GP should be able to arrange this. Don't keep on suffering, there's injections you can have now too. 

• Posted

Depending on severity of psoriasis I’d speak to GP or Dermatologist about trying Methotrexate it’s amazing!!!! Within 3-4 weeks most of not all psoriasis will be gone for as long as you keep taking the Methotrexate.  Phototherapy is also a good one if he responds to it well but it’s very time consuming running back and forth to dermatology department but it normally clear you for quite a while. Can he sunbath??? Use sunscreen and get lots of bit D from the sun to help clear skin. I cut out all dairy and citrus as it flared my skin up also it’s advisable to avoid caffeine. Good luck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.