Can anyone help with domestic violence? I'm extremely depressed.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had posted a thread 2 days ago in need of some support. It was a bit lengthy so sorry about that. I've watched my dad abuse my siblings, my mother, and currently my step mom. It doesn't happen everyday but I feel like it isn't normal to happen at all. After the incident with my dad almost running into my car, and opening my car door beating me. I'm having terrible after effects. I'm having feelings of worthlessness, guilt, shame, I don't want to be around anyone, depressed, constant anxiety attacks...I really need advice. I don't know how to deal with this pain. He told me I was never like a daughter to him and that I'm a burden to his life. I sometimes feel like I'd be better off dead to them. It's terrible. I feel torn inside

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You need advice from someone who understands what you've been going through. Are there any local support groups? You could try googling "domestic abuse support". For the effects it is having on your mental health, you need to talk to your doctor.
  • Posted

Lauren I am SO sorry you are going through this!! I was abused also when I was a child by multiple family members...You need to realize that what is happening to you is NOT YOUR FAULT and that you DO NO deserve any of it!! You father has some serious psychological issues and you really need to talk to someone about this. You need to see a therapist and you need to call the cops and tell them what is going on so you can get help. He isa  very dangerous man and you really need to live somwhere else if you can 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for replying to me! Anything helps and I called the cops when he hit me, they took him to jail but he was booked and released in the same day. My family is ridiculing me for this because "he's always been this way so why would I call the cops". It doesn't make it right! I'm thinking about dropping the charges and just being done with him for good. I'm staying at my boyfriends fathers house. I'm not allowed to go back. They make it seem like I'm the bad guy. My step mom dropped off all my things at the house in staying at in the middle of the driveway. Half of it was broken. I don't deserve this
    • Posted

You are welcome for tthe advice. I am just thankful I could try to give you some good advice. I wish I was given this kind of advice when I was being abused. You could stick with the charge if you want..that is your choice, but you have to be prepared for the family's ridicule. If you are not ready I would drop them and just cut ties from him and the rest of the toxic family members. When you do you will feel SO much better! I cut ties with my family and no longer experience any anxiety, fear, or shame. It is a real liberating experience!  
    • Posted

Everyone always says you only have one family but family doesn't have to be blood related! Your family are the people who support you no matter what, show compassion/sympathy, and love you unconditionally. That is family and I have to remove these toxic people from my life. Being away from home has already made me feel so much better and able to breathe. My brother texted me and called me a C**t the other day for calling the cops. I don't need that in my life! I just want to get through nursing school.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.